Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 new jersey crossbow season >

new jersey crossbow season

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

new jersey crossbow season

Old 02-22-2007, 07:03 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: new jersey crossbow season

I bet some of these guys that posted are some of the same that got their knickers in a bunch over Zumbo's blog.
The traditionalist got thier shorts in a bunch when compounds came along. Bowhunters got peeved about muzzleloaders, primativepb's got upset over inlineand shotgunners were upset about all of the above. When it comes down to it a crossbow doesn't have much of an advantage over a skilled archer.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

Its not that I am all that against crossbows, whatI am against is the way it was implemented into our hunting season and how it was made into a law. People from other states are going to look at these posts and think we are a bunch of crybabies.Why won't the jack#$%!put a voting ballet on our licencesso we can vote on things and send them in at the end of the season regarding issues for the next year?We pay un-godley amounts for permits, licences and any otherexcuse the state can come up with to make money and all of this takes meetings and desisions to make it happen and they decide onthis almost overnight?The people on the boardmeetand talk in private without the public there to oppose and when they do thereminds are already made up. I guess that is why our directorErnie quit because they wanted him to lie about the bear hunt that they knew was never going to happen anyway. Also any and I mean ANY state that allows huntingdoes aftermid Jan 1 thenputs antler restrictions on deer ANDSAY THEY CARE ABOUT THE DEER HERDARE LYING. Allot of the deer that are brought in late in the season are bucks withoutheadgear! They realized this and put an extra page in their booklet to help people try to tell the difference between male/femalelater in the season.But anyway back to the post NO CROSSBOWS unless its for disabled hunters and not just the ones who say they are and get a note from a doctor just to use one (and you guys knowwho youare)
Old 02-22-2007, 08:55 AM

The issue I have with the crossbows is that during the archery seasons, you can get out enjoy the peace and quiet without being overrun with other hunters. Bring in the crossbows, and the woods are much more crowded and the hunting experience goes downhill.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Typical Buck

Since we are adding x bow, why not rifle too?
Old 02-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Dave at Work

The issue I have with the crossbows is that during the archery seasons, you can get out enjoy the peace and quiet without being overrun with other hunters. Bring in the crossbows, and the woods are much more crowded and the hunting experience goes downhill.
You said it all. I agree 100%, but don't think they would bother anyone during Jan. and Feb.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:45 PM

You said it all. I agree 100%, but don't think they would bother anyone during Jan. and Feb.
I don't want them in any season because it will just be a matter of time before they encroach on the regular bow seasons. Look at the permit shotgun seasons. IF, AND ONLY IF, they must have them, use them ONLYduring the shotgun and muzzleloader seasons. By limiting them to those season, you like won't be having many more guys in the woods than normally would be out there.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

first of all we know its all about the money. BUTT- to think of the crossbow as some sort of magical star wars device that kills deer by just pointing it at something is GOOFY. theve been around before muzzleloaders so its just another primitive weapon that fills the freezer. you still have to locate the game and get within like 40 yards. maybe with a scope it requires less practice but its got less kinetic energy and has its own negative attributes like being heavy to hold horizontally. there should be no crying. to think the woods are gonna be flooded with crossbow hunters during the precious bow only season is nothing to worry about because we are a dwindelling group and need more hunters and support. the days of hunters being only gun or archery only hunters are few. i would guess 95% use some combination of- bow-gun- muzzleloader. i do kinda agree about hunting in the late season as far as bucks go but in this state ive read and seen they can loose there antlers as early as the first week of december depending on the conditions of the rut.making the crossbow season in january makes no cense because i as most will be out with my bow-gun- or muzzleloader. i wont buy another permit just yet. but if you buy a crossbow make sure its a traditional type like an excaliber brand because a compound wheels arent traditional on a crossbow.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

you are right..we have crossbow here in pa. for disabled in certain WMU and other units you can use them.

here is why archery hunters hate them..up until last 2 years woods have been fairly not hunted hard in the oct/nov.archery season..now, you have CROSSBOW hunters in woods in oct/nov..some even driving deer with crossbows..

the archery hunters now are mad..then throw in lack of deer and you have all these archery hunters and crossbow hunters in same area after a few deer..

you are allowed to use crossbow in gun season, BUT no one does..they use gun..

i was sighting in crossbow for friend at our club..all archery hunters hated me ,they hate CROSSBOW hunter.why, you are putting pressure on their season they had nice for many years,now, people all over carrying crossbows..

one even said, anyone over 65 should not be able to hunt..why did he say this?because most of crossbow hunters are older turds or young guys that never could shoot a regular bow so they get a disabled permit..

some clubs even ban crossbows..

if crossbows are legal you will get more hunters in woods in oct/nov during rut and archery season..to put it in easy terms..GET READY FOR MORE PRESSURE ON DEER AND HARDER ARCHERY HUNTING DO TO MORE HUNTERS ,LESS DEER AND MORE DEER SPOOKED BY THE NEW WAVE OF CROSSBOW HUNTERS..

personelly, i have no problem with crossbow for archery as i may need one someday to continue hunting..but if i was archery hunter in oct/nov i would get vocal aboutcrossbows being used in archery season ..if allowed ,you will have extreme pressure on deer and much harder hunting, for sure..less chance to get the nice buck..

sproul has spoken!!
Old 02-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I AGREE WITH YOU.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

I been hunting NJ for the past 30 years, Started out bow hunting, then shotgun, then blackpowder with open sights then a scope when that was passed. I bought my crossbow already and can't wait till they open a crossbow season. [/align] Joe[/align]

Quick Reply: new jersey crossbow season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.