Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 State Harvest Reports >

State Harvest Reports

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.
View Poll Results: A poll
I have never missed one report
42.86%
I try to always send them, but forgot a few times
16.88%
50-50
9.09%
Never Send in Cards or Reports
27.27%
My state doesn't require reporting
3.90%
I only send in DMAP reports
0%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

State Harvest Reports

Old 02-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: State Harvest Reports

West Virginia's rifledeer season runs 2 weeks.

The Archery starts mid October until December 31st.

I haven't hunted there since 2002. I did read that they allowed a total of three deer to be taken with a bow now.

When I hunted we could take a total of 2 archery deer of either sex.

2 bucks with a rifle

2 anterless deer with a rifle

1 deer with a muzzleloader but the anterless tags could also be used during muzzleloaderseason.

Regs. were different for different counties.

some counties allowed extra buck tags to be filled with a doe.

This was a typical scene the first day of rifle. Most times all deer were taken before noon. Racks were small but deer were plentiful.

Old 02-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 02-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 02-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 02-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 02-05-2007, 07:15 PM

If PA can do it for Bear and Elk it can be done for Deer. And you don't need a Law Enforcement Officer to oversee a simple check station.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

There were alwaysvehicles with several deer at the check station on the first day in WV.

I was always amazed at how it seemed everyone got one. I compared it to PA when out of a whole camp, only a few guys got a buck.

I don't think the stores and gas stations would be overwhelmed. Just look at all the places that butcher deer here in PA. That butcher has to take the time to write down how the hunter wants his deer cut up and get his phone number and such. Then he needs to get the deer skinned ASAP.

Yet these butcher manage to do it. I feel that just filling out a simple card wouldn't cause as much trouble.

Old 02-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just want to show these picture to show that most of the guys that hunted had days just like these. Everyone got deer.

If those check stations didn't get overwhelmed then PA's won't either. PA never had hunting as good as it was back in WV.

The check stations had lots of deer going through them and everyone was buying something to eat or drink. Guys would stand around and shoot the bull. I never seen it get ugly. It was just the opposite.

The store's cashier was the longest line there.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:55 PM

I think Pennsylvania would be very smart to REQUIRE checking stations like West Virginia does. This makes all hunters physically take their deer and get them checked in, or else they get fined. There's lots of stations so there is always one within a reasonable drive. Of all the hunters I know, barely any of us ever send in those stupid report cards. It is definately not an accurate way to get a head count on the deer taken.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Crazy Horse RVN

"Windwalker7", nice photos. reminds me of how it used to be in PA BA. (BA=Before Alt.)

What you don't seem to be able to understand is that if it isn'tan ideathat originates from within the ranks of the PGC it isn't going to happen. The agency is very dogmatic. It is also very Law Enforcement minded. It is my belief that they want a Game Warden present at any check station so that any infractions of the game law can be cited and fines executed on the spot.

This quote should make my point clear. "If you forced every sporting goods store and Ma/Pa gas station in the county to act as a check station (which I don’t think we have the authority to do) and then required them to hire enough people to perform extra work like checking deer,..."

It clearly shows the mind set of the people who influence the agency's policies.

You just can't say anything on any thread w/o bashing the PGC can you?
Get a life.

Quick Reply: State Harvest Reports

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.