Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Game News Subscriptions...FUNDRAISER! >

PA Game News Subscriptions...FUNDRAISER!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Game News Subscriptions...FUNDRAISER!

Old 01-16-2007, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default PA Game News Subscriptions...FUNDRAISER!

Hey PA hunters.....Something that every PA hunter can do to help our GC is to subscribe to Game News. You get some good reading and the GC gets some much needed revenue. I look forward to each issue personally.
Take this link and subscribe today!
http://www.theoutdoorshop.state.pa.us//fbg/game/GameSubscriptionSelect.asp?ShopperID=3F79342987764 FD6A26254A04E16404E

The sportsmen of PA thank you!
Old 01-16-2007, 11:00 PM

Default RE: PA Game News Subscriptions...FUNDRAISER!

I'm in. Thanks for the link.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

No, the Game news is not what it once was. Thats for sure. I have most months from the 60's through the 80's at my camp and the old ones still get read frequently.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

No it isn't quite the same and I've been reading them regularlysince the late 50s/early 60s. It's muchbetter now. Tweeties or flowers on the cover don't me a'tall.

Generally scan the shooting column now that Don Lewis is gone, then theField Notes. Usually the first lengthy part I read first, is Bob Sopchick's offering. Also like the stories that "rank and file" hunters send in.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

TTT
Old 02-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Host of Hosts

I already get it.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:17 PM

Get it now but wont be resubscribing to it again
Old 02-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like bob sopchick.For awhile there I felt like they were getting away from hunting and focusing on other critters a bit too much.I do enjoy reading about birds and other non hunting critters but hunting should remain the main focus.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:38 PM

Game news is a good read, I like sopchick very much. I didn't renew when they cut all the free issues to schools and libraries. When I was growing up I could always know I could could check out the new game news in the school library. It's the reason I wanted to subcribe after graduating high school. I like it very much. It's a real shame to know that kids won't have that same opportunity I did when in school to be able to "escape"by reading their game news in their school library. I understand, it was very costly, but I still feel bummed and also think they will miss out on alot of exposure from the younger crowd. Anyway, great magazine, but why cut all the schools and libraries copies? Won't the kids buy it in the future, like myself? Sorry, just my opinion.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Typical Buck

Same here on Bob Sopchick. Great writer and great artist.

They cut freeschool subscriptions in the first "wave" of budget cuts almost two years ago and also dropped free subscriptions for farm-game cooperators (public access to private land program). I think most schools got their subscriptions covered by sportsmen's clubs, so they're still getting PGNews for free. Our club picked up3 yearsubscriptions for five or six schools when the PGCquit supplying them for free.

Quick Reply: PA Game News Subscriptions...FUNDRAISER!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.