Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 WV season starting on Saturday? >

WV season starting on Saturday?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WV season starting on Saturday?

Old 01-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WV season starting on Saturday?

You're anti non-res hunters, Hillbilly?

When I go to my farm in WV, I used to be welcome. Now non-res's are looked at like they are terrorists. Just wondering why. In our area, the locals come poach big bucks off my farm when I'm not there, and I'm the bad guy.

We do not break laws. Period. I drop my $300 on a license every years. But how is it thatnearly every resident I know (relatives included) hunts as a landowner...even when they're killing deer off my property.

I'm tired of owning/upkeeping a hunting preserve for the local "city folk" that don't own land and have no intention of saving $$$ to buy a chunk like I did.

Old 01-21-2007, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

You're anti non-res hunters, Hillbilly?
Not at all--just indifferent.

I wasmentioning that in more of a "free market" type deal. If non-res hunters decide to go hunt somewhere else than perhaps WV will be forced todevelop a better comprehensive management plan forall, and the constituents, if allowed to vote, will perhaps think with a bitmore clarity than just there typical mass hysteria in regard to anychange.

It just bugs the heck out of me how some things, like for instance,river pollution because of the chicken industry (for example), is over-looked but yet people have these crazy notions about protecting their hearing while in church from the "prolific" shooting that must occur during rifle season near a lot of churches in the mountain state

Old 01-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see where you're coming from now, Hillbilly...and I agree with you.

Question, though. Why do the voters have to decide on Sunday hunting? I don't recall voting here in Ohio. It just happened...unless I'm forgetting an election.

No other hunting issues are voted on, so why Sunday hunting? You have any idea?
Old 01-22-2007, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

No other hunting issues are voted on, so why Sunday hunting? You have any idea?
No, I don't Pro Line and I wish I did know. I only know that the last governor (Gov Wise) passed the law that lifted the Sunday hunting restriction statewide. As the article said--that was in 2002. After that, individual counties added referendums to general election ballots to vote yes or know in THAT county only. And again, looks like all that made an issue out of it, had it pass(a County wide restriction on Sunday hunting that is).

A few counties are still under the state wide "lift" of the restriction because those particular county fathers never put it on the ballot.

Now, I'm not sure if the "opposition" to the initial statewide "lift' of the restriction was so vehement that most counties found it neccesary for a vote, or, if somehow it was just a radical few crazy and ignorant people who influenced county commisions and later the voters (whose ignorance, imo and hysteria seemed to prove an easy target)--I suspect the latter. It obviously was not a provision of the bill to have mandatory county votes (since not all have voted on it--thankfully)
Old 01-22-2007, 07:22 PM
BDC
Fork Horn

Could you request a recall on the hunting on Sunday issue?
Old 01-23-2007, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://wv.gov/Offsite.aspx?u=http://www.wvdnr.gov
Old 01-23-2007, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's kind of interesting that the counties that are still open are in two major clusters except for Clay and Jefferson. I don't know ifa ban would pass here or not. Hancock always leads the state in deer harvested per square mile.

The counties listed below will be opened to Sunday hunting on Private lands only.

[*]Boone [*]Brooke [*]Clay[*]Hancock [*]Jefferson
[*]Lincoln[*]Logan [*]McDowell[*]Marshall [*]Mingo
[*]Ohio[*]Wayne[*]Wetzel [*]Wyoming