Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 does this bother anybody? >

does this bother anybody?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

does this bother anybody?

Old 01-09-2007, 06:11 PM

Default RE: does this bother anybody?

John - if you think I have offended anyone, particularly our elected officials, I would suggest the following:

1. Write to Carl Roe, the Executive Director. Dr. Bolgiano has sugggested I be reprimanded in the past. Thank you Charlie. The performance review reflected your comments.

2. Write To Commissioner Isabella. He's a big fan.

3. Write to your elected officials. Caution - the last time I suggested this course of action you believed license sales were down 41%.

Have a good evening!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:27 PM

Doug, as far as the USP law suit is concerned, all your defensive ranting means nothing. What counts and only what counts is the fact that the court granted USP "STANDING." That speaks volumes in USP's favor. And make no mistake about it, the agency has to seriously take that into consideration. They are not laughing it off as you and Neville would have us believe.
I'm sure that all involved are thrilled that the USP has now risen to the level of the Fund For Animals (now part of HSUSA) the largest anti-hunting organization in the country. As the last organization to challenge the PGC on seasons and bag limits they also achieved "standing" - yipee!

They argued the PGC didn't include stakeholders in decision making process, the species would be decimated and there was no science involved in the decision making process. Sound familiar?
Old 01-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Probably be my last post on the habitat Doug because we're basically at a standstill probably agreeing on 70% of the issue.Not sure if you saw the pic by my cabin where I opened up the canopy and the red maple stump sprouts went crazy.The forester I hadthere{Dave} said this will happen when you open the canopy.He also pointed out the sprouts/limbs growing out the bottoms on up on my existing maples.He said this will happen when the sunlight gets in and it's great for wildlife but not for timber.Doug you know Dave and can verify this if you doubt me.My area by the cabin has more deer then say rockton mountain yet they're saying the stump sprouts won't grow out there because of deer.Yet my area with a definate higher DPSM has stump sprouts growing like crazy only when I open the canopy.They won't grow 50 feet over in the shade.Can you see where my reluctance is to embrace all this?
Also I know we had too many deer for too long,we're in agreement with that.

Howdy denny,Any org that fights to stop a reasonable hunting season in my book is definately not good for hunting.I've done research on them before this and it's hard for me to stop short of calling them anti hunting.Greenpeace on the other hand is one of our worst enemies.Not sure if the government ever did it but they were considering listing them as a terrorist organization here at home.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Howdy BT,I didn't say and don't believe greenpeace is involved in statewide HR or the PGC.That's not even an issue with me.Our state lands which were set aside for recreation and open space have embraced forest certification which in turn produced aggressive HR.Now this is not in the name of habitat for wildlife it's for certification.They'll tell you that in their statement.I know they always will cut timber to help pay for these lands and if it's not fenced in it's good for some wildlife like deer.I don't have a problem with that.I do have a problem with cutting the deer herd to 5 DPSM in places like the TUSC forest in perry county all in the name of certification which is embraced by greenpeace and some other groups I need to research yet.Hunters rely on these open lands to persue deer yet 5 dpsm really is a waste of time.
Edit time,when I say state lands here BT I'm referring to state forest only.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:02 PM

Joseph, writing to Carl Roe and or Commissioner Isabella is sensless. Carl is a novice at this trade. Commissioner Isabella is obssesed with himself and being "Commandatore." As for your performance review, obviously it would have to be wonderful. I remember your performance at Haldaman Island a few years ago. Youeffort to assure the comfort of the Executive Director was commendable. Remember? I have no reason not
to believe that you have continued to excell in your appointed field.

Joseph, license sales for July-06 WERE DOWN 40 %. That's a fact. Hunters delayed purchasing their license in an effort to send the agency a message saying that they were much dissatisfied with the mismanagement of the deer program. Yes, hunters did finally buy their licenses, but many dropped out. It is my belief that next year will see another loss of hunters due to the mismanagement of the deer herd and Commissioner Hill's statement that the two most threatened programs are the Pheasant Program and new Game wardens to fill the many vacancies.

If you fellows drop the Pheasant Program will there still be a Youth Pheasant Hunt, or will you abandon the kids also for your incompetence in management of a once moderately successful agency? Remember, a couple of years ago you fellows were going to short sheet the Youth Pheasant hunt.

Then againperhaps your putting some time into lobbying DCNR for a position when they take ove. It would be a wise move.