Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 does this bother anybody? >

does this bother anybody?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

does this bother anybody?

Old 01-09-2007, 07:16 AM

Default RE: does this bother anybody?

Doug - one of the funny things about the meeting you attended was that three of the ten "sportsmen" testifying about the lack of deer had their licenses revoked in the past - for shooting illegal deer! How ironic.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:17 AM

Bailey, I think the PGC "is" listening to the majority! Sorry, some are not in the majority though.
Who are those "fat cats?' Do you mean the decision makers, (commissioners), who work for free?
I'd say that Neville is the only "PGC shill" I've seen on this forum. Seems one shill is way outnumbered byat least two or threeother "shills" that don't agree with him. Maybe it would be better Russian style? One side can say what they want and the other should disappear?
Oh, maybe those who actually do agree, in part or entirely,with the PGC are "shills" since they agree, even if they have no connnection to the PGC?
Old 01-09-2007, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess poachers want more deer.I found it funny that some people in the audience wanted the PGC to sell of some of the game lands instead of granting a lisence increase.My favorite was the testimony of the outfitter that has a lodge about 15 minutes from here.He was upset because he was boasting a 2% success rate over the past few years.I don't even know how that's possible.In a way,that meeting was so ridiculous it was funny.Mostly it was just embarrasing.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:47 AM

ORIGINAL: germain

I'm like say 50/50 on the whole deer management issue but I also like to keep an open mind.I'm trying to digest what the PGC and DCNR are telling us but what my own eyes have seen in over 30 years of hunting tells me different in some cases.Be that as it may,does it bother anybody that greenpeace is involved with forest certification?Or does it bother anybody that audabon was involved in preventing Michigan from having a dove hunting season?These two groups are behind the scenes in deer management on DCNR lands.
I agree with the 50/50... But I must say I am still seeing some deer and lots of signs of deer all over state game land that I hunt... I hunt both private and state lands... I hunt private during the rifle season and both during archery... I hunt state game lands during late season with flintlock... I seen one buck lastweek at about 150+yrds away on state game lands... He was a bruiser from what I seen of him... He is hitting my mock scrape when I am not there... Anyway... I am not seeing the bucks as I use to in the years before the AR came into play... Does it matter if the PGC folds??? I will have to say if they don't get turned around and get rid of the bonus tags and drop the AR program,,, I will not see no differnce of who are controlling the wildlife management in Pa... Be it DCNR or the PGC... This is the way it is heading I believe... I believe the DCNR will drop the Ar program and I would be more with them on that...
Old 01-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

As far as Greenpeace being involved with anything, it makes me very nervous. I consider them almost synonomous with PETA. Beware of hidden agendas.
As far as AR goes, I'm firmly conviced it is working, and working well. Although I have yet to shoot "horns" this year, I have seen some nice bucks, and what I saw at the butcher shop the first day as I dropped off my doe were some really impressive racks. More and better than I believe I have ever seen in previous years. However, I digress. Sorry about getting off the subject.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:56 AM

Doug, as far as the USP law suit is concerned, all your defensive ranting means nothing. What counts and only what counts is the fact that the court granted USP "STANDING." That speaks volumes in USP's favor. And make no mistake about it, the agency has to seriously take that into consideration. They are not laughing it off as you and Neville would have us believe.

For what it's worth the members of the House Fish & Game Committee are rational and sane. Such degrading public name calling by a PGC official is highly improper and very unprofessional considering that the PGC will one day be at the legislative altar with hat in hand begging for a license increase.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

First, Audubon is NOT anti hunting. They have always supported hunting as a management tool.

As for Greenpeace, I'd like to see the proof that they have had anything to do with our deer management decisions. Funding or otherwise. And by proof, I dont mean some earticle full of unfounded allegations by Slinsky or some other spokesman for the USP cult.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:15 AM

You can go to the DCNR website and learn about forest certification. You will see that Greenpeace is a founding member of, and sits on the board of the Forest Stewardship Council, the international certifiying body. The Chairman is Grant Rosoman, a New Zealanderwho represents Greenpeace.
http://www.fsc.org/en/about/governance/board_directors

If you still have a problem seeing the connection, I don't know what to add.

Here is a quote from our DCNR:

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/certification.aspx
Environmental groups such as the World Wildlife Fund, the National Wildlife Federation, Greenpeace and the Natural Resources Defense Council agree that forest certification encourages sound forest management and is good for forest conservation.
and from Greenpeace:

http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/campaigns/forests/solutions-to-deforestation

Forest Stewardship Council
The wood products we do use should come from forests that have been managed in an ecologically and socially responsible manner. The best means for determining whether wood products come from such forests is to look for the FSC label. FSC, the Forest Stewardship Council, is an international non-profit association that issues certificates for well-managed forests.
Greenpeace is a founding member of the FSC and is active in its development at the international, national and regional levels. For more information, including resources on where to find FSC products, visit www.fscus.org.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:50 AM

For what it's worth the members of the House Fish & Game Committee are rational and sane. Such degrading public name calling by a PGC official is highly improper and very unprofessional considering that the PGC will one day be at the legislative altar with hat in hand begging for a license increase.
You missed the point - I completely agree with you that the members are rational and sane. That is exactly why they have never bought into the USP conspiracies and mismanagement theories.

That is why I just returned from working at the Capitol- they want to advance some positive proposals that the PGC is working on in conjunction with many other sportsmens organizations. We have two very good pieces of legislation ready to move whenever the House gets organized.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:24 AM

"The rational and sane members of the Legislature "get it" and while they may pay token lip service to some of it (let's call a hearing to get to the bottom of this!), they simply leave the PGC alone."

Joe, now your back beddeling. Read your very own words. Your saying that any legislator who doesn't agree (or doesn't "get it") with the PGC's programs, policies, and practices is NOT rational and sane.

Please, please repeat that at the next HF&G Committee meeting. Please!

Quick Reply: does this bother anybody?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.