Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
PA mistake kill?  big fine? >

PA mistake kill? big fine?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA mistake kill? big fine?

Old 11-27-2002, 04:46 PM

Default PA mistake kill? big fine?

The story goes like this.
In erie county pa a archery "mistakenly killed a 5 point buck". This deer had 3 points to one side and two on the other. Assuming he would receive a 25$ fine and lose the antlers the archery turned himself in. The hunter was given a $2500.00 fine and loss of license for 5 years. The reason for the fine was that the deer was not even close to a legal buck. Which in Erie county must have 4 points to one side. This was in the Albion area.

Eddie
Old 11-27-2002, 05:09 PM

Default RE: PA mistake kill? big fine?

OOOOOk, This makes sense. I guess the judge is an Anti

Vic

EMS Motto: Your misery is our Pleasure
Old 11-27-2002, 05:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

thats how it goes...they find a way to say you should have been able to tell first and stick you...the book makes it look ok no big deal..but if u get caught its more than 25 bucks!...i think people will learn to count FAST!...i died when i read the book..then i hear poeple getting hit good and thats what they diserve if you think about it...25 bucks is really nothing of a fine...to enforce a law you need a good punishment...

Old 11-27-2002, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good guys finish last!!!!

Old 11-27-2002, 07:19 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-28-2002, 07:04 AM
Fork Horn

You sure you got your story correct...That sounds a little off base as far as fines. I have seen guys get busted for poaching a crap load of deer and they only get like $500 fines???? (Ithink the PGC should put those kind of guys in jail!!!)

Sounds a little far fetched to me. Unless something else was wrong as far as infractions. I honestly dont believe it.
Old 11-28-2002, 12:54 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-28-2002, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I need to re-read my game book I thought antler restrictions only applied to rifle season which starts monday next.
Old 11-28-2002, 10:34 PM

If you go to your local congressman's office you can get a copy of the complete game laws.The one you receive with your license is very vague.It says $25.00 fine for mistaken kill wich will then be reviewed,where other fines could be assessed.Do you honestly think the PGC would let someone off with a $25.00 fine?I don't.My cousin was bowhunting this year & a warden got him for a safety zone violation,146 yards away from a house.I know that technically he broke the law but 4 yards is assinine imo,especially with a bow!16 feet up your going to shoot toward the ground & I don't think an arrow would riccochet 146 yards anyhow.Be carefull guys.
Old 11-29-2002, 02:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Gee that is a bunch of money.I quess the next guy will fill out his tag that the deer was shot in a Special regs county,there any buck is legal.Dont think that aint being done!!!!!!

Quick Reply: PA mistake kill? big fine?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.