Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Possible Mt lion track >

Possible Mt lion track

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Possible Mt lion track

Old 07-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Possible Mt lion track

I will be visiting pa soon and I will try to get a pic or two of a mountain lion for ya.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:50 PM

http://www.thefreemansjournal.com/MountainLion.html

One DEC official thought the photograph shows a deer. Another was convinced it is a bobcat, yet another leaned toward a mountain lion, while the majority thought the photo shows a bobcat, but could not be sure.

A deer huh??
Old 07-05-2007, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Took me two seconds to see it was a bobcat when I zoomed it. You can see the bobbed tail and white patches on the back of it's ears. Click the pic to zoom and you will see.
Sorry.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Funny thing but do not confuse the western cougar with the eastern please!! The eastern are known to be smaller and it is very common for white markings on the back ot its ears.. Also less white on it's face than the western cousins.. But,I will not call the shot if it is or not, just like the biologists will not. The pic is not clear enough from the back end of it to show a tail or not...
Old 07-06-2007, 04:03 AM

As to the white patches, I have recently seen a picture of a cougar in California that had white patches on the back of his ears that looked just like a bobcat in color. But it was very much a cougar. I guess that coloring can vary?
Old 07-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

it looks like BOBCAT,to meonly because neck is to big for shoulders..
when you see COUGAR,you will notice long neck and small head in between those big shoulders..
1 i saw color was not like that,it was more of orangish color or tawny as some say..

wish i could see tail more..as for dec saying looked like deer, oh my....
Old 07-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

It also looks to dark for a bobcat.... On another note State biologists were given hair sample and possiblysome skin samples from a large cat thought to be a mt. lion. They were given samples from another sighting in Oakland, Maine. It doesn't mean it is or not until they have been tested, so the samplesare being sent to a lab at Southern illinios University for testing. Again until then no one knows...
Old 07-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Phil from Maine

It also looks to dark for a bobcat.... On another note State biologists were given hair sample and possiblysome skin samples from a large cat thought to be a mt. lion. They were given samples from another sighting in Oakland, Maine. It doesn't mean it is or not until they have been tested, so the samplesare being sent to a lab at Southern illinios University for testing. Again until then no one knows...
i agree,i never saw bobcat with that color..
i thought wco i reported mine too would laugh when i said it looked ORANGISH in color, but he did not and even said i described a COUGAR but he said they dont exist..
so, i guess i saw one but i didnt convince him they EXIST....
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 07-09-2007, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd check with the USP.According to their staffdeer experts,Pa has two kinds of deer,brown and gray.Perhapswe also have two different types of mountain lions.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:15 AM

ORIGINAL: DougE

I'd check with the USP.According to their staffdeer experts,Pa has two kinds of deer,brown and gray.Perhapswe also have two different types of mountain lions.
Actually there is 2 types of lions..The eastern and western.. The eastern is smaller than the western...

Quick Reply: Possible Mt lion track

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.