Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Down time after the Hunting Season >

Down time after the Hunting Season

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Down time after the Hunting Season

Old 12-29-2006, 09:01 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Down time after the Hunting Season

One more trip to Ohio, then I'll be looking for some info on making box and slate calls, spring will be here before we know it. Rich
Old 12-30-2006, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Put every thing up clean it first then count down to turkey season
Old 12-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Host of Hosts

I spend alot more time here on Hunting.net. I clean up all my equiptment,wash all my hunting clothes and get it put away. The archery league starts next week, so that's good(video hunting).And when the winter gets really ugly like in Feb/March I put these puzzles together and frame them and put them up in "MY" room. I also do alot more cooking and experimenting with venison recipies. And count down the days till next season.

Oh yeah, I'm going to try to do some shed hunting and get some game cameras out to start collecting pictures.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usually try and shoot a couple squirrels through Jan and then I hit the reloading room real hard. I load for 10 different guns so there is always something to do. Reloading is awesome, it keeps you involved in hunting/shooting even when its dark out, no season in, or nasty weather out. I also workout at the gym alot, so I dont put on the extra pounds! Oh and hit the batting cages, I play on a MD "D" state team all summer.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wait for turkey season.

Old 12-31-2006, 12:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just sit back and watch the fiascos here on the northeast forum about the PGC. You would think it would end but it never does!!!! Seriously i do my editing from this past hunting season and get ready for spring turkeys.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: jhoffman

What do you all do during your off season Down time?

I took to the trap line being that prices are up now - I have a coule fox and coon - no yotes yet and I haven't put out any water sets yet - I've been waiting for a little snow to push the critters to the creeks and ponds but if we don't get some snow soon I'll probably put some sets out anyways.

Caught a 24lbs coon Christmas Eve - meassured 39 inches from nose to tip of tail after being skinned - Probably the biggest coon I've seen.
Jhoffman ~ Sounds like a nice coon. What prices are they bringing these days ? Can you trap Bobcats ? Those prices have really shot up .
Sorry bout changing the subject.
BACK ON IT ~ I'm already scounting for deer and "hunting" them with my camera. Will be shed hunting soon and playing around with my new trail cam.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

The walleyes start biting after deer season ends so whenever its nice out ill be on the river.Im going on another snowshoe hunt in maine this year in march.Cant wait.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

i usually start making arrows up for the upcoming indoor league and 3D shoots,do a little winter trout fly-fishing.That keeps me busy til spring,then it's bow-fishing for carp and groundhog hunting
Old 01-01-2007, 05:35 PM

Big Sky Scott

- cannot hunt or trap bob cats where I am at - in western NY -
Coon are bringing between 10 - 20 depending on size and quality - a couple extra bucks if you flesh and dry your pelts as opposed to just selling them green.

Caught 1 grey fox today, 2 muskrats and a opposum - let the opposum go - it was a young one - I took it out of the trapp and made sure his foot was not messed up - he just laid there playing dead - I remade my set and looked up and he had beat feet at some point during the couple of minutes it took me to reset the trap.

Quick Reply: Down time after the Hunting Season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.