Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Looking to hunt whitetail in Maryland >

Looking to hunt whitetail in Maryland

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Looking to hunt whitetail in Maryland

Old 12-24-2006, 02:20 AM
Spike

Default Looking to hunt whitetail in Maryland

I'm looking to do some whitetail hunting in Maryland next season and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good outfitter. I know about Hopkins, but was wondering what other guidesor outfitters thatanyone has been to in the past, good or bad.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Stephen B.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:42 AM
Spike

Default RE: Looking to hunt whitetail in Maryland

TT, any help out there?
Old 12-27-2006, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

I've never done a guided hunt as much as I would like to. Sorry I've got nothing.

Good luck. [&:]
Old 12-27-2006, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think there are very many outfitters for deer in Maryland. One that is well known is Schrader's. www.schradershunting.com

I have never used any guide service so this is not an endorsement of any kind.

Good luck.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:23 PM

These guys are right, there are not many outfitters in MD. I guess thats because we don't have many deer in this state. If you want to try something real fun you should check out a Sika hunt, those little critters are cool. Check out Muddy Marsh, they run a tight show.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Spike

Thanks for the help. Happy New Year
Old 12-29-2006, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

One of my buds is there this week for BP - he stays with an outfitter inwestern Maryland - right on some state property. Looks like a nice outfit - small and family run. When whe gets back next Tue I will get the number and zip it off to you.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

As stated not many outfitters but there is an overload of guides, goose guides that is, but they still do guideing for deer hunterstoo although most aregoose leases that include deer. However most hold a few places for the deer hunter that has no place. Of course this is on the Eastern Shore. Check the Kent County Times for the adds. They start appearing in the spring and most will be about goose hunting but call a few and ask about deer hunting. You should be able to find something and it will be in one of the best countys for sure,Kent that is. The paper publishes weeklyon Wed and you can subscribe to it and have it mailed to your house. Hope this helps.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

Buddy came back with 2 - he said hunt was tough - cold on day 1, but then it warmed up and the moon was full. Guy he was with was skunked. Nice clean cabin - no power but it is hunting...

Check out:

Sang Run Outfitters
Danny Teets - Owner
10852 Oaklan Sang Run Road
McHenry, MD 21541
[email protected]

Old 01-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

Lefty Not many deer in Maryland well you don't get around much , My buddy averages 15 deer a year . Harford County. Our bag limits are so high they want to get rid of Deer. Balto Co is loaded.My Co worker Dads farm I went to,on there I saw 26 deer the fist night of scouting ,it backs up to Gunpowder state park.

Quick Reply: Looking to hunt whitetail in Maryland

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.