Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Big ol' monster NY buck... >

Big ol' monster NY buck...

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Big ol' monster NY buck...

Old 12-19-2006, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Big ol' monster NY buck...

Lead - check the smiley face for gripes sakes!

Do a search - I think you will find that AR/trophy management to be something that garners little support from me.

Steve
Old 12-26-2006, 09:20 AM

Yes, it does appear that the 2006 season in NYS will be the year of the big buck.

We have this one shown, we have the Mansfield monster, Another beast in CNY, and I just received a photo of another gigantic buck, harvested in Niagara County on opening day of Regular season. The picture stinks - hopefully I can get a better one. However, the buck that was taken is the 2nd largest on record for Niagara County. I hope to get a better picture...
Old 12-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

doctariAFC,

I'd heard rumors of that big Niagara County buck on another forum. I'm guessing he's a typical? I've also heard talk of a 210" bowkill from Suffolk County and another 200"+ non-typ. buck from Allegany County. Have you heard anything to back these two up?
Old 12-26-2006, 01:03 PM

ORIGINAL: WNY Bowhunter

doctariAFC,

I'd heard rumors of that big Niagara County buck on another forum. I'm guessing he's a typical? I've also heard talk of a 210" bowkill from Suffolk County and another 200"+ non-typ. buck from Allegany County. Have you heard anything to back these two up?
Sure have. Unreal.

That Niagara County Buck is a non-typical. Too many drop tines to mak ethe typical class. My uncle's hunting buddy got him.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:07 PM

doctariAFC,

Here's the lousy picture of that Niagara County Buck. Harvested by a guy named Frank Gallagher...

Old 12-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

That's a bruiser. Any idea on the score andnumber ofpoints?
Old 12-27-2006, 11:27 AM

That's a bruiser. Any idea on the score andnumber ofpoints?
It was a 15 point. I don't know the score, but from the looks I'd say @ 170 - 180? Maybe bigger.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Fork Horn

Its kinda hard to tell whether or not the tip of hisleft beam is busted off. I'd guess he's at least mid-180's. According to the latest NYSBBC Record Book, the current #2 non-typ. from Niagara County is 187.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:44 PM

Its kinda hard to tell whether or not the tip of hisleft beam is busted off. I'd guess he's at least mid-180's. According to the latest NYSBBC Record Book, the current #2 non-typ. from Niagara County is 187.
Then this one, at least green score, is bigger. I have to get with FRank anyhow for an article. He should know, I think..... I hope.... But it is at least green score now the #2 Niagara County Buck...
Old 12-28-2006, 11:24 PM
Fork Horn

This is supposed to be a pic. of that monster Long Island buck...

Quick Reply: Big ol' monster NY buck...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.