Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Any luck in 3j or 3c in new york >

Any luck in 3j or 3c in new york

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any luck in 3j or 3c in new york

Old 12-14-2006, 02:44 PM
Spike

Default Any luck in 3j or 3c in new york

Hunted 3j-3c this year ,hunted some private land that was good for many years.This year I hunted almost every afternoon and all weekends bow-rifle and now blackpowder.I have seen two bucks all season and maybe 7 or 8 does,Last year seen over 100 deer and took a nice 8pt and doe.I hunt 3or4 different places and the same.Down in orange county 3m they seem to be doing better,we have been using Qdm on the land for 3or4 years now and just is not paying off,I will keep at it but have no idea what has changed in one year.>>>>-----> ED
Old 12-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Any luck in 3j or 3c in new york

3dmuzzy
I been hunting state land in 3J for over 20 years. It's has always been hard work to even see a deer but once in awhile it has paid off.The last few years all I see are other hunters.
All the places I worked so had to locate which can be 1.5 to 2 miles from a road will have a hunter there every time I go out.
I walked out 9am opening day after seeing 9 hunters by that time.
If I can't find private land by next season, I will not by a license in N.Y.
Last year,near the end of the season we had some snow on the ground so I hiked most of the areas that I hunt (3J and 3C) and found one set of deer tracks. Not too encouraging. I think the deer are there but the increase in hunters has pushed them into heavy cover and night movement.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:57 PM

Default RE: Any luck in 3j or 3c in new york

I took a nice doe yesterday in 3c and a real nice 8 point today in 3c as well.I also tagged a nice 8 point in 3c on opening day of the firearms season. Truthfully I don't dare complain because I have had an excellentseason BUT I really have NOT seen many deer.

s6
Old 12-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default Ny 3j

My youngest son and I bagged a 305# 8 pointer in 3J this year.

Private land, adjacent to 5K Acres on Forest.

He had grass and browse in his belly so he's visiting fields at nite and hikes up to the top for his daytime follies with the does.

Caught him working his way up on Thanksgiving morning.
My youngest's first. What a beast.
Attached Thumbnails  Any luck in 3j or 3c in new york-dsc02255resize.jpg