Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DEER WITH HEADS MISSING IN CLINTON COUNTY,PA. >

DEER WITH HEADS MISSING IN CLINTON COUNTY,PA.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DEER WITH HEADS MISSING IN CLINTON COUNTY,PA.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:23 AM

Default RE: DEER WITH HEADS MISSING IN CLINTON COUNTY,PA.

this does not just happen in PA. I know of certain slob hunters/poachers which in my mind are the same species.. I will not hunt with or near any of them. I am not going to jeapordize my hunting privelages over something stupid. Personally I hope they all get caught
Old 12-12-2006, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

sproulman.sry i was not trying to be a dick with your post.but the sad thing is this is all over pa.do you know what them 2 got out of it.i am glad they got them i just wish they would get the ones down my way
Old 12-12-2006, 09:20 AM

I think it is unsporting,unreasonable,unethical to even hint that these types of actions only happen near "orange season" (gun seasons).
This is a prime example of the elite attitude some archery on this board have!
Old 12-12-2006, 01:04 PM

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: kevster10p

sproulman where do you hunt? my dad has a cabin off of boone road
i huntin hyner run area and also dry run..the boone rd i know well from time it was NOT privateland for sale..now, its full of camps where i trapped and hunted turkeys/deer..i remember when my footprints and car tracks, yes cartracks with chains on were the only human in that area hunting..

now,well, you know all people you see today..

very few deer left in that area and the few that are left is because of the private property and the 150 yd rule around camps..privateland that borders your property,charles/oakridge property have deer but they are nasty if you get anywhere close to their land..

i heard that there is baiting going on in that area..some said when they killed deer this yearin that area, stomachs had corn in
them..

i said this would all happen when deer get less..

boone rd brings back many memories ,boy, deer that was there and big turkeys..you never saw coyote..now, few deer,no turkeys,no squireaals,few grouse,all kinds of coyotes,hawks,fischers,bobcats,fox,..

pa. is turning into the PREDATOR CAPITAL of world..with deer gone,tourist will bring in cameras to see a hawk..

i wish you could have seen BOONE RD when i did..you went out then and counted BUCKS,not deer..now, if you see deer there, its a big thing..

there are very few deer there now. on the second day of gun season my dad said someone driving down the road shot a doe that was standing in front of our cabin. so i think many people are poaching or shooting whatever they see even if the dont have a doe tag.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: shump

sproulman.sry i was not trying to be a dick with your post.but the sad thing is this is all over pa.do you know what them 2 got out of it.i am glad they got them i just wish they would get the ones down my way
i think they got a 1,500 dollar fine..what needs to be done is the fines should be increased and person reporting these people should get a percent of fine..
Old 12-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sproulman

sproulman where do you hunt? my dad has a cabin off of boone road
i huntin hyner run area and also dry run..the boone rd i know well from time it was NOT privateland for sale..now, its full of camps where i trapped and hunted turkeys/deer..i remember when my footprints and car tracks, yes cartracks with chains on were the only human in that area hunting..

now,well, you know all people you see today..

very few deer left in that area and the few that are left is because of the private property and the 150 yd rule around camps..privateland that borders your property,charles/oakridge property have deer but they are nasty if you get anywhere close to their land..

i heard that there is baiting going on in that area..some said when they killed deer this yearin that area, stomachs had corn in
them..

i said this would all happen when deer get less..

boone rd brings back many memories ,boy, deer that was there and big turkeys..you never saw coyote..now, few deer,no turkeys,no squireaals,few grouse,all kinds of coyotes,hawks,fischers,bobcats,fox,..

pa. is turning into the PREDATOR CAPITAL of world..with deer gone,tourist will bring in cameras to see a hawk..

i wish you could have seen BOONE RD when i did..you went out then and counted BUCKS,not deer..now, if you see deer there, its a big thing..

there are very few deer there now. on the second day of gun season my dad said someone driving down the road shot a doe that was standing in front of our cabin. so i think many people are poaching or shooting whatever they see even if the dont have a doe tag.
not far from your fathers camp the WCO set up the robo deer last year..they caught so many hunters that they moved deer....

1 hunter shot ROBOdeer in morning then they moved it and he went out and shot it again..YOU BELIEVE THAT!!

you know what he said second time,WHERE DID I HIT IT THIS TIME!!

road hunting or shooting in your yard at campWAS the way things were for 80 years here..almost EVERY hunter has done it that has hunted for that time..it was not something that was considered bad..

it was how they put meat on table..most were great people ,good citizens,pillars of community on and on..

this is why its so hard to stop the illegal things that are happening..

NOW ,do to lack of deer, WCO are being contacted more than they have ever had..it was in paperPGC said, we are recieving more calls than ever before and some are people that are the lawbreakers..funny, isnt it but not unreal..

if the poachers and lawbreakers know that the PGC is on too them,they will try to be the GOOD GUY..they will rat out the other lawbreakers SO they can be left alone..

trust me, PGC is not that stupid..

do to lack of deer, hunters will get DESPERATE,they will kill a fawn and shoot it in your yard..i am not surpriserd too hear that has happened to your dad at camp..

as for tags,they are loaded with tags..sisters,brothers, dads, mothers, kids,friends..real roadhunter comes prepared..

if PGC had the authority to stop hunters and have vehicile check, the hunting licenses would fall out of pockets and pile up on ground..

this is why i proposed that licenses,THE DOE TAGS be raised to 50 dollars..then,these people would not be getting all these tags and shooting the fawns etc..

as long as doelicenses are so cheap, many will buy and use as many as they can get..dcnr wants deer gone, they will not be in favor of license increase on doe tags..

Old 12-12-2006, 07:00 PM
Host of Hosts

I think it is unsporting,unreasonable,unethical to even hint that these types of actions only happen near "orange season" (gun seasons).
This is a prime example of the elite attitude some archery on this board have!
And some of us feel the same Unsporting, Unreasonable,Unethical about hunters who leave their property of 1000 acres and go to public land to shoot 5 button bucks and not do the same on their own land. I think you said rifle hunting was better cause you could reach out and tag deer further off. Don't fall off your high horse EC. Most achery hunters have more ethics in their little finger than you show to have through your posts.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:19 PM

i see what your saying about raising the price on doe tags but alot of people still shoot does no matter if they have a tag or not.