Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DEER WITH HEADS MISSING IN CLINTON COUNTY,PA. >

DEER WITH HEADS MISSING IN CLINTON COUNTY,PA.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DEER WITH HEADS MISSING IN CLINTON COUNTY,PA.

Old 12-09-2006, 06:59 PM

Default RE: DEER WITH HEADS MISSING IN CLINTON COUNTY,PA.

First of all to bash rifle hunters because some jackass is poaching deer is pretty stupid. Killing deer from a vehicle and cutting the head off isn't hunting and they shouldn't even be called slob hunters. Comparing them to someone who is a serial killer murdering people is also pretty screwed up. That sounds like something a PETA member would say. You are humanizing deer which is the first step to giving animals rights. These guys are nothing but dirt bag poachers. You can get $25-$50 for a small rack at a flea market and if it's a nice buck maybe a $100-$200. We had our cabin broken into a few yrs ago. They stole 25 yrs worth of hunting history from us by stealing all of our buck racks we had on the walls. We probably lost 30 sets of antlers. I guarantee they were sold at some stupid flea market. We didn't even care about the other stuff they stole the racks were irreplaceable. People do some really crappy things for money.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

OK I Gotta say it. I "hear" stories like this every year. Did it make a local paper, oris itone of those "true" stories heard from a guy who knows a guy whose brother in law works with a guy who heard it at the local bar after a six pack? These "true stories seem to pop up every year but no one ever has specifics, pictures or proof.

RSB, this isnt your county, I know, but it's not very far away. Do you have any info on this story? Is there anything credilble to it?
Old 12-10-2006, 10:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Pawildman

or removing the head and horns from a roadkill and pretending that they got it in fair competition with the rest of us.
Nothing Agianst Pawildman, I just wanted to use part of his quote to show how we all think and I think thatspart of the problem. We have gotten to the point that its some kind of competition.We see on all the hunting shows and in the magazines its all about the rack.

In my opinion if there is any competition its between me and myself to hunt smarter, harder and learn more. I personally could careless who shoots bigger deer.

If folks could relax and enjoy hunting and be happy to hunt and feel good when they do a good job hunting a doe, spike or fawn or whatever we all would be happier hunters. And the pressure to jack deer for their racks would diminish.

On a different note I think that penalties for poaching in NY are a joke. Id suggest something like 5K in fine and loss of priviliges for 10 years for a first offense as a start.

Old 12-10-2006, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

OK I Gotta say it. I "hear" stories like this every year. Did it make a local paper, oris itone of those "true" stories heard from a guy who knows a guy whose brother in law works with a guy who heard it at the local bar after a six pack? These "true stories seem to pop up every year but no one ever has specifics, pictures or proof.

RSB, this isnt your county, I know, but it's not very far away. Do you have any info on this story? Is there anything credilble to it?
renovo record had picturesand info..its credibile, or i would not have put it here..

also the state highway signs on rt144 were shot up,that was not in paper but i saw it and its disgusting..

sadly, i wish this was story..there is 3 ways to get to this area..renovo is one rt144, beech creek is another on beech creek rdand from snow shoe on rt144..

as for 3 deer thrown on green lantern bar property,i think it was just before dark and a red/silver truck was seen leaving scene..
Old 12-10-2006, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NoKnees

ORIGINAL: Pawildman

or removing the head and horns from a roadkill and pretending that they got it in fair competition with the rest of us.
Nothing Agianst Pawildman, I just wanted to use part of his quote to show how we all think and I think thatspart of the problem. We have gotten to the point that its some kind of competition.We see on all the hunting shows and in the magazines its all about the rack.

In my opinion if there is any competition its between me and myself to hunt smarter, harder and learn more. I personally could careless who shoots bigger deer.

If folks could relax and enjoy hunting and be happy to hunt and feel good when they do a good job hunting a doe, spike or fawn or whatever we all would be happier hunters. And the pressure to jack deer for their racks would diminish.

On a different note I think that penalties for poaching in NY are a joke. Id suggest something like 5K in fine and loss of priviliges for 10 years for a first offense as a start.

from what i understand,i think the state has to set fines..i also question this..

the state feels here in pa. that they could not pay fines if they are too high,you believe that...

i feel taking your vehicile, your license, your guns,and a big fine, like 3000 dollars would end a lot of this poaching..

if they cant pay, then jailtime, not a month, 2 years ..

its joke the fines..
Old 12-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

WHATKIND OF PEOPLE WOULD DO THIS.. [align=right][/align]
I hate to say it but these slob hunters as Rob said are becoming more and more visable to me. I have had a very hard time this year trying to decide if I even wanted to hunt the gun season. I see alot of slob hunters, some in my own family and some freinds. It makes me want to give it up and hunt only with my bow. I'm not saying there aren't slobs in the bowhunting world, but way fewer than in gun season. Maybe I'm too critical. I just don't like to see laws broken for 60 lbs of meat. Do it right and follow the rules or don't do it.
i know what you mean ..i shot a huge 8 point first day this year..i came home and not 1 friend gave me a pat on back or a look of BOY, THAT IS GREAT SPROUL..

its dog eat dog now..who knows how bad its going to get when less deer than now are in woods..greed is coming out in many now..

i never thought i would see day that hunters would be jealous of another hunter that gets a nice buck..

i said this would happen and it is!!!
Old 12-11-2006, 01:02 PM

sproulman where do you hunt? my dad has a cabin off of boone road
Old 12-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kevster10p

sproulman where do you hunt? my dad has a cabin off of boone road
i huntin hyner run area and also dry run..the boone rd i know well from time it was NOT privateland for sale..now, its full of camps where i trapped and hunted turkeys/deer..i remember when my footprints and car tracks, yes cartracks with chains on were the only human in that area hunting..

now,well, you know all people you see today..

very few deer left in that area and the few that are left is because of the private property and the 150 yd rule around camps..privateland that borders your property,charles/oakridge property have deer but they are nasty if you get anywhere close to their land..

i heard that there is baiting going on in that area..some said when they killed deer this yearin that area, stomachs had corn in
them..

i said this would all happen when deer get less..

boone rd brings back many memories ,boy, deer that was there and big turkeys..you never saw coyote..now, few deer,no turkeys,no squireaals,few grouse,all kinds of coyotes,hawks,fischers,bobcats,fox,..

pa. is turning into the PREDATOR CAPITAL of world..with deer gone,tourist will bring in cameras to see a hawk..

i wish you could have seen BOONE RD when i did..you went out then and counted BUCKS,not deer..now, if you see deer there, its a big thing..
Old 12-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

it is not slob hunters it is the ar program.the racks are getting that big now days the bucks heads are just falling off
we have alot of that in dauphin county and they never get the ones doing it
Old 12-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: shump

it is not slob hunters it is the ar program.the racks are getting that big now days the bucks heads are just falling off
we have alot of that in dauphin county and they never get the ones doing it
i guess we have to have a little humor,now and again..

what i cant understand..back when we had big racks,in the early 60s, i never heard of buck with head cut off..

about 9 years ago someone was cutting heads of bucks at alvin bush dam area in clinton county...president of the USP found deer..both were big bucks as he seen them before they were shot and heads removed..

well, they caught who was doing it..it was son and father that had camp in that area..

the son testified that they were doing it for years, like 20 years doing it..

he said he was raised that way..just like actors in DELIVERANCE show..

how these people do this and no one sees them is beyond me..

i am hopeful by me putting this on here that someone that drove thru or was at camp on rt144 renovo/snow shoe in area of the jews run rd to beech creek rd area might have seen something around thanksgiving to sunday before opening of gun season ..

Quick Reply: DEER WITH HEADS MISSING IN CLINTON COUNTY,PA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.