Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 40 point buck from eastern shore Md to dethrone Maryland Monster >

40 point buck from eastern shore Md to dethrone Maryland Monster

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

40 point buck from eastern shore Md to dethrone Maryland Monster

Old 12-01-2006, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default 40 point buck from eastern shore Md to dethrone Maryland Monster

I was talking toa good friend who lives near where the Maryland monster was taken on Monday. He tells me a guy who works or ownsthe Bay Pro Shops told him he saw a picture from a cell phone of a 40 pointer taken on the Eastern Shore today or yesterday. Apparently,pictures and the story are soon to come. I know, I know. We'll believe it when we see it, but I wouldn't be saying thisif it didn't come from a good source.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 40 point buck from eastern shore Md to dethrone Maryland Monster

Wow, two huge bucks in one week? Like you said, we'll all probably want to see it to believe it, but man, what a year for Maryland deer. Where are all these deer where I hunt?
Old 12-02-2006, 05:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't like posting a thread like this and risking my credibility ifthe buckis smaller than reported, or worse yet, not true. If anyone hears about it or gets pictures, be sure to let us know what information you have.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:58 AM

i wanna see it if its true. im not one to be a naysayer doug but to have a new state record 30pt on monday and 4 days later in the same state a 40pt that will beat the new record...highly unlikely.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree it sounds hokey. I can vouch for my buddy's credibility, and he says it came from a good source.If it did happen, it shouldbecome public VERY soon. I even asked him if it had specifically 40 points, or if they just ballparked it, and he said the guy told him it had specifically 40 points. I wouldn't be surprised if indeed it was a 40 pointer, but that it comes up short outpointing the 30 pointer due to mass/length.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Doesn't surprize me if it'strue, Md has been a sleeper for a long long time. It's just a matter of getting a place to hunt.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:41 PM
Spike

hello first post : cant wait to see the pics I was told it was a 30 point wait and see havnt heard of any other big deer here on the shore
Old 12-03-2006, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hello cubfan. The deer shot in Charles County is a 30 pointer. The one supposedly shot on the eastern shore is 40. I talked to my buddy and he says he would like to get a copy of the picture from the other guy's cell phone. He also told me some guys at a southern states were talking about that buck from the eastern shore, and he seems to think the guy who shot it is from Belair.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

From Belair - sounds like one of those $2500-$5k ++ a year lease Deer on a private farm.I've been lucky enough to hunt a few small private farms on E.Shore over the years.

The big farms - most of the time - you gotta be in the family bloodline(1st or maybe 2nd generation []) or have a Fat Cat wallet.

Caroline is probably one of the easiest counties to find good private land at an affordable price for average hunter.I only say that due to the economy in that county.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm from the Bel Air area and this is the first I've heard of it. I'd like to see the pics of it too. My brother-in-law has some pics on his cellphone of a huge buck taken down there during MZ season. That was a giant too and was getting some attention until the MD monster was shot. This 40 point will still have to be awesome to beat the monster. That is one incredible rack.

We better keep quiet about the MD potential. We don't want to be overrun with all those Illinois natives coming here for trophy deer ya' know!

Quick Reply: 40 point buck from eastern shore Md to dethrone Maryland Monster

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.