Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 40 point buck from eastern shore Md to dethrone Maryland Monster >

40 point buck from eastern shore Md to dethrone Maryland Monster

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

40 point buck from eastern shore Md to dethrone Maryland Monster

Old 12-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 40 point buck from eastern shore Md to dethrone Maryland Monster

If anyone is a member of the N.A.H.C. there is a pic and short story about a big buck taken in Maryland this season
It was taken by Bill Crutchfield Jr of Newburg Md.. It is 26 pt non typ. with a green score of 268 5/8 has a 22" inside spread with a main beam circumfrence of more than 5" and main beams of 25".
Old 12-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just called Bay Pro Shops where the guy who had the cell phone picture works. He tells me the buck was shot in OHIO, and that the story got screwed up as to where it was taken. He says it was a 41 pointer and that it is already in magazines.

Sorry for the incorrect information. Another victim of the grapevine.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll bet they were both poached[:-]
Old 12-16-2006, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

December 12, 2006

ADAMS COUNTY NON-TYPICAL SCORES BIG
Southwestern Ohio is home to the top typical and nontypical deer killed in Ohio

Official scorer Ron Perrine measures Johnathan Schmucker's trophy Ohio deer.

XENIA, OHIO – On Saturday, December 9, 2006 in Xenia, Ohio at the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) Division of Wildlife’s Headquarters, history was made when the formal announcement of Johnathan Schmucker’s 34-point non-typical white-tailed deer score was 291 2/8 Boone and Crockett and 305 7/8 World Classics.

The Schmucker Buck is the fourth largest nontypical white-tailed deer harvested in the world according to the Boone and Crockett Club. It is also the second largest nontypical deer harvested in Ohio according to the Ohio Big Bucks.

Schmucker took the record setting whitetail with a crossbow in the late afternoon hours on opening day of archery season. “I had been watching him over the course of three years,” said Schmucker. “On opening day I went out to my tree stand at three in the afternoon and had taken the deer by six.”

“Ohio deer hunting is world class because of our excellent deer management program. We have a very conservative buck or antlered deer harvest and allow for an ample doe harvest,” explained Haines. “This allows for the population to remain balanced while also putting in place the conditions necessary to produce record setting deer.”

The Beatty Buck, harvested in Greene County in the fall of 2000, holds the record for nontypical at 304 6/8 and currently ranks as the number one nontypical buck in Ohio, the largest nontypical whitetail deer ever taken by a bow hunter. A typical white-tailed deer killed in 2004 in Warren County, known as the Jerman Buck, became an Ohio record with a score of 201 1/8.

“By repeatedly setting records on non-typical and typical whitetails harvested Ohio is starting to see an increase in the number of deer hunters,” said Haines. “That translates directly into a boost in Ohio’s economy. Just the one-week of deer gun season generates about 266 million dollars in business for supplies such as food, lodging, fuel, and gear as well as supporting thousands of jobs.”

Deer hunters are encouraged to take advantage of the extra weekend of deer-gun hunting, December 16-17, and nine weeks of archery hunting in Ohio. Archery season remains open until February 4. The statewide muzzleloader deer-hunting season will be held December 27-30.

Ohio’s first modern day deer-gun season opened in 1943 in three counties, where hunters harvested 168 deer. In 1956, deer hunting was allowed in all 88 counties and hunters killed 3,911 deer during that one-week season.

Venison is delicious and nutritious meat, low in fat and cholesterol (venison recipes). It is the number one wild game served by hunters in Ohio. Deer hunters also contribute thousands of pounds of venison to organizations that help feed less-fortunate Ohio residents through special programs.

A detailed listing of deer-hunting rules is contained in the 2006-2007 Ohio Hunting Regulations, available where licenses are sold. It may also be viewed online.

Official scorer Ron Perrine explains Close-up of Johnathan Schmucker's
the process of scoring. record non-typical buck.

SCHMUCKER BUCK DETAILS:
Inside spread: 25 6/8 inches
Outside spread: 29 7/8 inches
Gross Score: 301 2/8
Ohio Big Bucks and Boone and Crockett Total Score: 291 2/8
World Classics: 305 7/8
34 points (18-points on the right and 16 points on the left)

RANKING:
Ohio’s Big Bucks 2nd Largest Nontypical
Boone and Crockett’s 4th Largest Nontypical Whitetail Deer in the World

HARVEST DETAILS:
Harvested in: Adams County
Time of Harvest: 6 p.m.
Method: Crossbow
Date of Harvest: September 30, 2006
Name of Hunter: Johnathan Schmucker

LINKS:
www.worldclassics.org
www.booneandcrockett.org
http://www.pope-young.org/
Buckeye Big Bucks Club history.htm

Old 12-19-2006, 03:59 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

You know long, that tells alot about you. Guilty conscience have ya?

Old 12-19-2006, 07:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

one like this everywhere you go [:@]
Old 12-20-2006, 04:51 AM
Spike

THATS WHATS WRONG TODAY. tHIS IS HOW RUMORS START. JUST BE HAPPY FOR THE GUY. MAN THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE WHEN THEY ARE ENVIOUS!!!!
Old 12-20-2006, 09:30 AM

Whats with all this "he said, she said" B.S. anyways. There was a giant killed near me in Adams County, OHIO,actually 2 Bruisers killed in Adams County this year. One of which was the Amish (Schmucker Buck) and another that scored in the 190'sI believe. All I know is that I just acquired a "Honey Hole" 260 acres to hunt in Ohio which has not been hunted. Hopefully you will all see me on a magazine cover next fall........