Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Do you want ticks with that PA buck? >

Do you want ticks with that PA buck?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Do you want ticks with that PA buck?

Old 11-30-2006, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Do you want ticks with that PA buck?

To all you PA'uns out there:
Those of you who scored, did you notice how polluted the deer are with ticks this year from up North? I even had ticks crawling on me when I was out hunting. I had one crawl up my face when we were sitting in camp on Monday night and so did my brother. They were headed North to our hair. The deer we shot were absolutely infested with them, but looked very healthy otherwise. Ticks SUCK!
Old 11-30-2006, 07:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Do you want ticks with that PA buck?

I'm 40, I've hunted since the age of 12 and bowhunting since the age of 15. This was the first year I ever, ever found a tick on myself and it's been several different days that I found one. My deer wasn't that bad but one day after turkey hunting I had several...freaks me out. I hope it a sign of things to come.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've always had problems with my yellow lab getting ticks when we are at camp in northern Clearfield Co., but this is the first year I had problems at home here in Indiana Co. Some of the other guys have gotten them on themselves at camp after being out in the woods, but I found one on myself after raking leaves in my yard at home. My wife had to remove it with tweezers as it was in a place I couldn't see or reach well. We never had them at home here before, or at least never got them on us. I'm a little concerned that they have spread their range, and don't really know what to do about it.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

come to dauphin county i have never seen the ticks as bad as they are this year.use a good strong shampoo and good hot water
Old 12-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never known the tick problem to be as bad as it it this year. I come home with ticks on me half the time anymore. It's always deer ticks crawling on me, but with my dog having lyme's disease for the 2nd time, it's really getting worrisome.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

in northern new york we have had a otn of ticks. a few on the cat, my dad had one on him, and shook two more off his clothes after hunting, and the deer he shot was totally infested with them. its been a terrible year for them
Old 12-01-2006, 06:15 AM

My deer had about the same amount as any other deer I have taken over the years! Last year was the worst for me! Me and my bother-in-law were heading to his house after coming out of the woods when we stopped on the way at a buddies house to see his buck he had hanging! Well this is no bull but when I got out of the car I noticed a tick crwling on my arm so I started to check all over and I must od had 30 to 40 of them all over my body! Talk about being freaked out! I hunted the same spot this year and did not get one on me!!
Old 12-01-2006, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

got lyme disease this year, lemme tellyou , you dont want it. get some premethrin spray and treat your clothes... it dries odorless, deer don't smell it.

some of my spots here in the center of NY, you'll get 20-30 ticks on you walking 50 yards to your stand in THE OPEN HARDWOODS. go in the brush/ forget it!

when i hang my deer , i spray em on the outside with the premrethrin or permanone spray, the next day there will be 30 to 100 ticks on the garage floor... dont even want to think about the infestation if i didnt spray em..

keep alert for those suckers!
Old 12-01-2006, 06:36 AM

I looked and could not find a tick on the buck I killed .If you are a taxidermist you have them on you year round.It's nothing to be out at night in public and fill one crawling up your neck.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I thought it was just us. I took my buck opening morning and pulled 5 ticks off of me. We also took some relatives deer to the butcher and it looked like their skin was crawling. Every deer we saw was infested with them. I've never seen it like this before.

Quick Reply: Do you want ticks with that PA buck?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.