Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Maryland Monster >

Maryland Monster

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Maryland Monster

Old 11-30-2006, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Maryland Monster

I think it is DNR, but it could also be the State Police for some reason or another. When is the last time you saw 3 DNR Officers at the same location? lol
Old 11-30-2006, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Works for me ,That what I was talking about . Point Taken
Now I have better facts than I had before.
Heres a question, on my first post there is a link to another site that had the story, and the DNR info, even a link to the DNR webpage about the deer... did you read that before making your first post?
Old 12-01-2006, 05:16 AM
Fork Horn

I admit I jumped like alot of people do , no I did't see the link. It made yesterdays front Cover of the Sport section in the Sun.
Right Now he's the luckyest man in MD . Right spot Right time my hats off to him.

The only thing I think about is the bucks blood line is still in that area , the next couple of years will tell.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: blaserman

I admit I jumped like alot of people do , no I did't see the link. It made yesterdays front Cover of the Sport section in the Sun.
Right Now he's the luckyest man in MD . Right spot Right time my hats off to him.

The only thing I think about is the bucks blood line is still in that area , the next couple of years will tell.

My guess is it was poached Deer in populated areas dont live long enough to get rack that big... Specialy in Charles County... I know a guy down there that works for the park service and he is prob one of the biggest poachers down there... Has a 2 car garage full of awsome racks and dosent even know what kind of bow he owns and what kind of broadheadfs he shoots... I know what kind of bow he has, it's called a WV bow(22-250)

I'd say there are more poachers out there than legal hunters!!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 04:52 PM

That buck is just incredible. The rack is enormous and would be a record deer for almost any state. Did you notice the size of the body though? Sure, a rack that size will make any body look smallish, but the gap between the size of the rack and the body is much greater than what you'd see in Ohio, Iowa, etc. In any case, that thing's amazing.

My guess is it was poached Deer in populated areas dont live long enough to get rack that big... Specialy in Charles County...
Mr. Longbeard, it's a shame that so many people will make ignorant comments like this. Do you think it's fair to the hunter to"guess" that it was poached?Besides the weak reason given, what would make you jump to this conclusion? (FYI, there are a BUNCH of trophy deer that are killed in highly-populated areas each year, due in large part to the lack of hunting that is done in those areas). Just because you know of one low-life who poaches and claims to kill deer legally, why would you assume that this guy did something against the law? How do you think it was poached? I'm interested in hearing your theory. Funny how there's a nay-sayer in every crowd.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:56 PM

they guy shot it with a shotgun during the shotgun season...and he killed it during the mid day hours on a legal day to hunt...thats not poaching to me.

sounds like you are jealous
Old 12-01-2006, 05:05 PM

sounds like you are jealous
Exactly, getblown
Old 12-01-2006, 10:40 PM

WOW is all I can say

Old 12-03-2006, 06:10 AM
Fork Horn

i have a ? i went into to cnapeswitchback post to buckwildadventures forum to look at the photos.look at buckmaster posts page 1 then go to page 5 and look at that one.now my ? is how long do you md hunters let your deer go with the guts in.now look good at photo 1 and 2 on page one
Old 12-03-2006, 06:28 AM
bigcountry

I don't understand this thread. Why when someone gets a monster like this, does people that do not even know him come on here and say "I bet it was poached". Why would poeple say that?

Quick Reply: Maryland Monster

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.