HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Cut off at the pass (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/167359-cut-off-pass.html)

Flairball 11-28-2006 05:41 PM

Cut off at the pass

I got completely cut off by another hunter tonight. While sitting in my blind along a funnel between two fields another hunter approaches walking down the deer trail from the top field. We exchange greeting, and small talk for a few, and I explain I was sitting there expecting to intercept deer as they make their way up to the top field. This guy tells meI'm in a good spot,he's seen a doe and a skipper come up that trail before, ussually right around 4:30. Having a doe tag, I'm glad to here this. The guy tells me he'll be hunting around the bottom fields, and heads down. At this point it's about 3:55 or so. I'd been sitting since 2:00. About 5 minutes later I glass the lower field, and there is indeed a doe in the field. I still have 45 minutes of shooting time, which I figure is enough time for her to make her way up the trail to where I was waiting. Then, 5 minutes later, BOOM. I look down towards the field, and there is the guy I'd been talking to walking out to get the deer he shot.

Now, I know it's open land, but to sit 200 yards down a trail, cutting off a hunter you know is there is poor sportsmanship. Heknew I was trying to intercept deer coming upthat trail, but he didn't care and cut me off. I guess he'll be learning a little bit aboutKarma soon when all his trail cameras dissapear.

mossy33oak 11-28-2006 06:49 PM

RE: Cut off at the pass

ORIGINAL: Flairball

I guess he'll be learning a little bit aboutKarma soon when all his trail cameras dissapear.
its just a deer dude

buckmaster_27 11-28-2006 07:19 PM

so your saying you stole his cameras??if so your a thief and you are a worse person then him.man you need to lighten up.all that over a doe.gee i hate to see what you would do over a buck?

Rwalter63 11-28-2006 09:59 PM

First off, I understand why your mad.You sat several hours in a spot on a trail that you felt confident in and expected to see a deer. Howeverits not your deer. Secondly you can not say with any degree of certianity that this deer was going to come down your way.Thirdly that hunter may have spent hours or days scouting that area and you might of been where he was planning on sitting. Maybe she would of come your way,maybe not but either way if he was a safe shooting distance that deer is fair game especially since this was public land. If he was trespassing than that is another story. Just be a good sportsman and be happy for the guy who got the deer.

KoBear 11-29-2006 12:19 AM

yea dude, i agree with everyone. it was just a doe. as my mom always says,"two wrongs dont make a right"

200 yards is a long way out. alot can happen, its not like u were talking to him and he shot the doe while u were talking to him right by ur spot.

still alot of good hunting days left.

there isnt even snow on the ground.

kenman 11-29-2006 06:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Flairball
he'll be learning a little bit aboutKarma soon when all his trail cameras dissapear.
Good way to rationalize it, THIEF!!! YOU ARE A LOWLIFE, I hope he catches you messing with his cameras and kicks your worthless arse!

NY Bowhunter 11-29-2006 06:54 AM

I guess he'll be learning a little bit aboutKarma soon when all his trail cameras dissapear.
WOW what is our hunting world coming to?

Flairball 11-29-2006 08:20 AM

Let me clarify something here. I did not, nordo I have any intention of stealing this guys trail cameras. I haven't even seen them out there. However, should the cameras vanish, this is the karma which this guy brought on himself. His cameras disappearing is only a little fantasy which probably won't come true, but would make me smirk a bit should I find out it happened. Should I come across his cameras, however, I don't think I could resist the temptation to give him a moon shot.

To further clarify, it's not his shooting the doe which upsets me. I know this doe may not have come up the trail, but the fact that he knew he was cutting me off and didn't care. There have been a lot of times I've moved because I discovered another hunter sitting close to where I wanted to be, or in a spot that I might ruin their chances. It's called sportsmanship.

After shooting the doe, this guy approached me a second time, and asked me if I wanted a doe. I'd call this rubbing salt in the wound.I wounder if hehad a doe tag? He told me he was going to get his ATV to drag the doe back to his house. I wounderif he checked the deer at a check station? In addition, this guy was in head to toe camo. The law requires 500 inches of blaze orange.

So now you know the whole story.

kenman 11-29-2006 08:24 AM

Thanks for the clarification Flairball, don't have much use for theives. Had a couple stands stolen so it hits close to home...

Sorry about the comments...hope you lay the smack down on a good buck!!

Charlie P 11-29-2006 08:30 AM

So just how far off would it have been allright?

200 yards on public land,seems fair to me.

What if he had been walking down the trail after talking with you and he ahppened to see a deer coming, should he let it come by hoping it will come to you.

How many other trial intersect in that 200 yards?

I think everyone that reads this will get the same impression as we did.