Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NJ hunters?

Old 11-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default NJ hunters?

hey ya'll,

just wondering how everyone has made out in the good 'ol state of NJ?

i've been gone a while and finally found my way back to this site.

also, what zone does everyone hunt?
Old 11-28-2006, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: NJ hunters?

It seems slow this year. I talked toa biologists at one check in station yesterday and they said not many deer checked in for the 1st day of the 2 day muzzle loader season.It seems to me that allot of Jersey hunters are passing on the smaller bucks and letting them grow. Even the few new hunters we have are really competing with one another for the bigger racks.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt in an EAB zone 9 and all I saw was bucks. Finaly got a doe during permit week. Hopefully 6 day will be better.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had a great season, got a 4pt and a 10 point withmy bow, let dozens of does and small bucks go... but all in all not seeing as many deer as usual, hearing alot more coyotes though.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

Spike and a doe so far from Ft. Dix. Heading out again Monday, and then Ft. dix the week after.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

im in zone 14 and have shot two does and have passed up

spike, 4, and 6 in sept
3 pt. in oct
spike in late oct
4 point early nov

and have seen 5 different shooters too far with my bow. some close calls though. cant wait for shotgun.

Old 12-26-2006, 11:43 AM
Typical Buck

I hunt Zone 2 and took a nice 6pt on Halloween that dressed at 145lbs. Saw a decent amount of does but no other bucks. I took a solid 4pt on the shotgun opener and saw many does and a spike chasing a doe. We took a total of 6 bucks off the lease and 5 does so far. This is actually about 1/2 of what we normally harvest and it just seems that the deer have not been moving as much and the surrounding farms are not being hunted as usual. I hear that the 6 day harvest may be down and the herd in general is soft in the areas open to hunting.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

i think the time has come to limit the doe tags and go to a one buck per season rule and 3 points on one side.you can always shoot a doe for meat. im not gonna force my way on anyone but a spike or 4 killed will never have the chance to grow. i would like to see bigger deer with better racks for all.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

I agree, I would like to see 1 buck a year. This way guys will think before they shoot that 4 or 6 point. It drives me crazy when I go down to these gun clubs during shotgun week and look at twenty something deer hanging and the biggest is a 1 1/2 year old.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:47 PM

I agree, the whole state should go 3pt. or better, but that would have the clubs screamim! I haven't seen the numbers that i've seen in the past too. Also the 'yotes have made themselves a home in zones 19 &23 for sure. JUST A THOUGHT- 3PTS OR BETTER FOR 3 YEARS!!

Quick Reply: NJ hunters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.