Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 MD Shotgun Success Post Them Here!!! >

MD Shotgun Success Post Them Here!!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MD Shotgun Success Post Them Here!!!

Old 11-26-2006, 07:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: MD Shotgun Success Post Them Here!!!

ORIGINAL: Hunterbrum

Pic not working. I'll try again later.

Old 11-26-2006, 11:41 AM
bigcountry

Lots of shots around Carroll county. But I only saw one doe. I can't figure it out. This is the stand I have taken 3 bucks off of with a bow, and usually see 10 deer a day. So many hunters out, I am not sure the deer had a chance to reach my stand. I hate gun season.

Old 11-26-2006, 05:24 PM

Here are the pics i promised.

got back from west virginia on friday-
took 6 bucks ( big 9pt, 4pt, 3pt, 1 spike, and 2 "devil horns" 3" or less)and a doe up there in 4 days.
here is the 4 bucks from opening day, one of them being a real nice 9 pointer taken by my neighbor

then we came back to hunt saturday in MD, and took 3 bucks, a button buck and a doe. my neighbor got a spike, I got a big 4 point and the pics below are of my dads big 6pt. the rack was weird but the deer weighed almost 200lbs...big bastard

Old 11-27-2006, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm bow only and will only take "muy grande" so the 4 does (and 4 foxes) I saw got a pass. I saw where they went and hunted there today. There were 3 does with a HUGE 8 or 10 point dogging them everywhere they went and a 6 point trailing them all (I guess in case one got away from the big guy ).

If I had been toting my shotgun, it would've been easy. With the bow, I had no shot.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

Your right up the road Dave, so sounds like I need to spend time hunting with you with all this activity! I too prefer to use my bow, but anytime I can get the ML out, I'll go ahead and do it.

Decided to take the ML out Saturday morning, but didn't have too much luck. My Dad went out too and ended up bagging a button, a doe and a 3-pointer between 8A-9A. All in all it was a good day. Hoping to get out later this week, whether with bow, shotgun or ML.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

Anyone going out next Saturday?
Old 11-28-2006, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

the neck on that six pointer is huge getblown5.9!!
Old 11-28-2006, 10:32 AM

he was well over 200lbs live weight...id say about 170-180 field dressed now that i think about it. he's not even the biggest around, he was a 2 1/2 year old deer. there are some bruisers up there. saw one in the headlights few weeks back that will go close to 250 field dressed, has a BIG heavy 8pt rack that looks small on his big body
Old 12-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

Anyone heading out in the morning? With the way the winds are blowing right now, I am going to make it a morning decision. I'm taking the bow and hunting my new lock-on location in hopes that I catch something in the morning. As long as the wind isn't blowing too hard, I will be out before first light! Good luck to all that go out!

**900AM EDIT** Okay then, apparently in the middle of the night I hit the "radio" button on my alarm, leaving only a slight "static" sound emitting from the speakers. When my Dad called me at 5AM to tell me that he wasn't going due to a headache, I noticed that my alarm didn't wake me at 430A like I had expected. [:@] I wouldn't have gotten into the woods until after first light and I hate doing that. Looks like I got screwed out of today, but I'll just have to take off work early during the week.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

I went out a few times last week and seen alot of deer. They were just all out of range. I did manage to take a shot at 1 thursday. At 70 yards and i missed. It was a small doe but i did not care, i have very little meat in the freezer right now. I got sick while out in the woods thursday and could not make it friday or today. I plan on working Sunday and monday than hunting the rest of the week.

Quick Reply: MD Shotgun Success Post Them Here!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.