Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 MD Shotgun Success Post Them Here!!! >

MD Shotgun Success Post Them Here!!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MD Shotgun Success Post Them Here!!!

Old 12-02-2006, 10:47 AM

Default RE: MD Shotgun Success Post Them Here!!!

ORIGINAL: HammytheHunter

Anyone heading out in the morning? With the way the winds are blowing right now, I am going to make it a morning decision. I'm taking the bow and hunting my new lock-on location in hopes that I catch something in the morning. As long as the wind isn't blowing too hard, I will be out before first light! Good luck to all that go out!

**900AM EDIT** Okay then, apparently in the middle of the night I hit the "radio" button on my alarm, leaving only a slight "static" sound emitting from the speakers. When my Dad called me at 5AM to tell me that he wasn't going due to a headache, I noticed that my alarm didn't wake me at 430A like I had expected. [:@] I wouldn't have gotten into the woods until after first light and I hate doing that. Looks like I got screwed out of today, but I'll just have to take off work early during the week.
dont worry...obviously we dont hunt the same area but NOTHING was moving this morning except the trees. wind like crazy in baltimore county and 5 hunters didnt see a single deer
Old 12-02-2006, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

Didn't see squat today myself. Oh well I got my button buck last weekend and am eating deer chilli tonight.

There is always the January 2 day season. I always liked that season.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:02 PM

I tell you what, Friday morning would have been the time to be in the woods. With that front moving in, I saw a ton of deer on my way to work , including a pig of a buck. It's funny how they move when the barometer's rising or falling.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

I finally got out this morning for MD firearm season, shotgun only in my area. A lot of guys in the woods this morning, had a tough time finding a tree to climb that wasn't on top of someone else.

Around 10:15am heard a shot nearby, then about 15 minutes later this doe, gut shot, walks towards my stand. She was moving pretty good, but obviously a dead deer walking. I was able to put her down quickly.

I waited for a while, butI saw no one trying to track her. Dressed she weighed 126 lb., not to bad for this area. This is my 3rd deer ever, first doe.

-Rick C.

Old 12-02-2006, 09:18 PM

Hey, congrats Rick!
Old 12-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Rick have you ever hunted off of Browns Church Rd in the Damascus/Mt Airy area of Patuxant River St Park? You look like a guy I saw out there once.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Saxman1819

Hey Rick have you ever hunted off of Browns Church Rd in the Damascus/Mt Airy area of Patuxant River St Park? You look like a guy I saw out there once.
Saxman, I haven't hunted that area (yet), mainly hunt southern Frederick county.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great job putting down a deer that would have been wasted. Good size, too. I have never shot a doe that big. Would you mind mentioning the general area you were hunting? I am curious if it came off the watershed or Monocacy NR area.