Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 New York shotgun seasons here weres all the bangs >

New York shotgun seasons here weres all the bangs

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New York shotgun seasons here weres all the bangs

Old 11-22-2006, 07:16 PM

Default RE: New York shotgun seasons here weres all the bangs

9N, Very Very slow, not much sign, very few sightings, less then average success.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

The past couple of days have been pretty slow. I've seen deer every time out but nothing to really get a shot at. However, the deer are still around...lots of rubs, scrapes and fresh tracks. I believe that the main problemisthe amountof posted propertyin the area where the deerare able to hold up and no one can get to them toget themup and moving during shooting hours.

Honestly though, this is the best year for big bucks being taken aroundhere since '02. My dad's friend killed this 23" 11-pt. above the house Monday evening.

Anothergroup of guys got a monster 21" 11-pt.on a drive only a couple hundred yards from this one the day before. There was a 152" 10-pt. with a 24" spread killed on some local winery property that I hunt on opening day. My neighbors buddy killed a 164" 10-pt. in the next town over. I've heard of quite a few other big 8's and 10's being taken too.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

Hmm...can't get the pics. to post for some reason???

Old 11-23-2006, 04:57 AM
Typical Buck

I took my 10 y/o and 17 y/o sons out on opening weekend. We saw a few does but no shots were fired because they were running. The important thing is they had a good time. There were not as many shots fired in our area either. I hunted in 9H. We got 3 bucks, a 6,8 & 9 point plus 3 does between 5 guys.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-2006, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

9J here,, 6 shots all day, lack of hunters around here, also it didn't help that the deer were on lock down since nov 8.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

Hunting 7J just outside Cazenovia Limits....Lots of shots all week, nieghboring properties had shots everyday i was out. Saw first buck since the opener today, deer have been scarce, like they dissapeared. since saturday, we've taken 3 antlerless between 4 of us. hopefully it will get better!
Old 11-24-2006, 11:11 AM

This is my first post here. Well i don't feel so bad now ,I thought it was just my area of 9m that was slow. I Thought last year opening day was bad this year was worst. It had to have been the quietest opening day I ever heard. oh well I hope we get that cold front thats moving down from Alaska and it brings lake effect snows. Then the deer will get up and move. Good luck toeveryone.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:49 PM

This was the first and only buck I have seen this shotgun seasonnice deer......no rack.
We took it with my TC Encore, 100gr powder, 240gr Hornandy.

Old 11-25-2006, 07:54 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

A lot of the problem is we sit on our assets, on the ground or in a tree so nothing moves. My youngest son is a walker and every time he goes out he sees a good number of deer, but he's waiting for mister BIG. Rich
Old 11-25-2006, 10:35 AM

ORIGINAL: RWK

A lot of the problem is we sit on our assets, on the ground or in a tree so nothing moves. My youngest son is a walker and every time he goes out he sees a good number of deer, but he's waiting for mister BIG. Rich
Very true. Nobody saw much on our property while on stands but when we got bored we would start walking the roads around the property and jump deer left and right. Most of the deer I saw were while I was walking around.

Quick Reply: New York shotgun seasons here weres all the bangs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.