Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Big score in the Rochester, NY area this morning...challenger for season's best in NY! >

Big score in the Rochester, NY area this morning...challenger for season's best in NY!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Big score in the Rochester, NY area this morning...challenger for season's best in NY!

Old 11-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default Big score in the Rochester, NY area this morning...challenger for season's best in NY!

Archery-wise that is...No more words, let the pics speak...

Old 11-15-2006, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Big score in the Rochester, NY area this morning...challenger for season's best in NY!

That's a big ole long-tined joker...love the big "third-beam" looking kicker. I'd sure like to know what that dude scores. He'll no doubt be one of the top bowkills in the state this year. Do you know the lucky hunter?
Old 11-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Big score in the Rochester, NY area this morning...challenger for season's best in NY!

ORIGINAL: WNY Bowhunter

That's a big ole long-tined joker...love the big "third-beam" looking kicker. I'd sure like to know what that dude scores. He'll no doubt be one of the top bowkills in the state this year. Do you know the lucky hunter?
Chance of luck. I happened to be picking up my little 11 point from the processor when he pulled up to get it weighed, as he's butchering it himself. He got it in a relatively swampy area, and did the drag all by himself. He has no idea how he got it in the truck by himself. It really was just starting to set in what he had shot, and he had no good camera equipment, soI offered to help him out since that's a buck of a lifetime. The story has already been accepted by a publication. I'm working with the guy to get an offfical green score, and to hammer out the details of the story for the article. 15 scorable points, and the spread is bigger than the downward shot implies...I had him spread the ears out wide to maximum just to get an idea of his mass.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

Wow what a monster!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

two things:

how much did he end up weighing?

and your "little 11 point"???
i have never seen a little 11 point before. i see little 6 points, but thats about it around me. anything over a 6 is big
Old 11-16-2006, 08:08 AM

WOW!!!
Old 11-16-2006, 07:23 PM
Spike

beautiful deer. love the crab claws! ... thats one rutty looking big boy.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ShortHanded

beautiful deer. love the crab claws! ... thats one rutty looking big boy.
I moved this guy a bunch between getting weighed and set up with a natural setting for the photos...and I can honestly say he smelled more musty than any other buck I have ever had the chance to smell.