Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 2006 WV Buck Season Coming Up!! >

2006 WV Buck Season Coming Up!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

2006 WV Buck Season Coming Up!!

Old 11-16-2006, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 2006 WV Buck Season Coming Up!!

Good Luck to all of you Mountaineers. Since I only bow hunt my early season is just about over. Be Safe.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:30 AM

We are ready to go also!! Can't wait. Gear laying all over our living room. Wife just loves it. Two teenage sons are particular pumped up. We haven't had the greatest bow season, so hopefully it will all change next week.
We are staying at our camp in Jackson Co. No electric or running water. Just good ole deer camp fun!! Will be 7 of us staying and hunting all week.
Good luck to all, be careful, and bag the BIG one!

Old 11-16-2006, 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: getblown5.9

BTW- im maddawg0517 over on WVhunting.com!!!
Well nice to meet you over here. I hope you have made the change over to our new site at http://wvsportsman.net .

I will keep the old forum up until after the first of the year and then start to take it down.

If you have anytopics on the WV Hunting Forum that you want to put over on the new site, please do so. But if anyone has commented on that topic don't try and put it over on the new site, just put the topic you started and let the comments start again.

I wanted to take the topics from the old site to the new, but proboards.com won't allow it.

Good luck this next week, hope you get a BIG BOY!!
Old 11-16-2006, 09:38 AM

ORIGINAL: RonM

How can I get on WV hunting .com, it says I amm not authorized to view and says phone in and gives no number.....
RonM

The site isn't WV Hunting.com...the original site that I started was at http://wvhunting.proboards26.com but we are in the transition of moving the site to our new site.

Go to our new site at http://wvsportsman.net and register there. The old WV Hunting Forum at http://wvhunting.proboards26.com will be closed down after the first of the year. I am giving the 370 members a chance to move to the new site. The boards at both sites are setup for guests to only view certain things. To view the whole board you have to register.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Dryridge

WVHunter129,

Where are you going in GREENBRIER CO? I am going for the first time to Kerless Knob area. We will be camping Sun-Thurs if all goes as planned. Looking for a nice buck or 2. My son, friend/nieghbor and I are going.
Bad thing is we have never got to do any scouting at all. We drove to the property in Aug. for about an hour.
Has had little deer hunting pressure but gets lots of bear/dog pressure.

Good Luck to you and your family. Everyone stay safe and enjoy God's great creation.

Dave in Philippi WV
Dave we will be off of Route 92, our camp is at Neola in a campground. We hunt on a place called Rucker Gap. It is on the boarder of Va and WVa. It is off the road that leads up to Sherwood Lake.

We have hunted up there for over 20+ years!

I know of several 6's, a few 8's, a 9 pointer that were taken along with spikes. Then there was the OLE MY GOSH buck that I got buck fever on and missed!! Won't happen again if he is still there. Where we hunt there isn't much pressure during bow or gun season. The only pressure is bear hunters.

Good luck to you and your hunting party!
Old 11-16-2006, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt up here in Hancock County. I can see my house from one of my tree stands, but it is sixmiles to drive there. Go figure. Gotta love the hills of WV. I am looking to buy property down state, but don't know where yet.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:15 PM

A lot of good areas down this way like Fayette, Nicholas, Greenbrier, Raleigh, and of course one of the 4 bow hunting only counties.

Good luck next week.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Fork Horn

I'm leaving Louisiana for Hancock County,WVtomorrow. We're going to be hunting all next week. I plan to purchase a buck and anterless license when we arrive. I hope there are some additional anterless tags left.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:29 AM

i decided this year that i am holding out for a decent buck. letting all the baldies walk!

tho my dad has some screwy logic...he says he is gonna spend the extra $25 for an anterless permit so he can take one and doesnt get skunked...yet it just means it costs you an extra $25 to do the work of field dressing and butchering, and grinding up the meat into burger or whatever. then he turns around and has to find people to give the meat to because our freezer gets too full.

ill never understand why he thinks he needs to shoot a doe "just cuz" he wants to kill something. im only 21 and ive learned alot more than it seems he has.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

Good deer management recommends toshoot two to three does to one buck because it's better for the herd.We don't shoot does just to shoot something. Keep hunting and get some info on the internet about deer herd managament and you'll understand why does need to be thinned. Not shot just to shoot something, but managed because it just makes more sense.

Quick Reply: 2006 WV Buck Season Coming Up!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.