Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 2006 WV Buck Season Coming Up!! >

2006 WV Buck Season Coming Up!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

2006 WV Buck Season Coming Up!!

Old 11-15-2006, 07:09 AM

Default 2006 WV Buck Season Coming Up!!

Is everyone in WV ready for the opening of the WV 2006 Bucks Only Season?

Are you hunting close to home or going to a hunting camp?

My son, two brother in laws and myself are headed to our camp on the 18th in Greenbrier County. Plan on staying the WHOLE week!! Hoping the weather is good to use this year!

Good luck to all my WV hunting buddies!
Old 11-15-2006, 09:08 AM

Default RE: 2006 WV Buck Season Coming Up!!

getting ready this week WVhunter!!! cant wait to head out of baltimore on friday night for a full week in WV. the weather looks good, and we have seen some good bucks on our land this year, as well as we havent been on our land disturbing it all this summer. we stayed near the house and out of the woods when riding our ATV's and stuff.

BTW- im maddawg0517 over on WVhunting.com!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

My father (75 and still hard at it) myself, and 5 others will be hunting our camp all week. I have to work Tuesday, but have every other day off.

Hopefully you all get a big 'un.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

How can I get on WV hunting .com, it says I amm not authorized to view and says phone in and gives no number.....
Old 11-15-2006, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

I cant wait, unfortunately i have to work the whole first week and will only get to hunt 3 or 4 days of the second week. I do have doe season off, so i can get some meat for the freezer.

Hopefully my rifle season goes better than bow season, havent got anything yer. I did get to draw on a 4 point that i walked up on, but i didnt shoot for fear that he would jump the string and i many cripple him up.

I got permission to hunt a 113 acre farm about ten miles down the road, it is completely surronded by national forest, so it should hold some deer.

I was up there today scouting and i built a really nice ground blind out of downed tree limbs and brush. It over looks 2 nice hollars with a pine thicket close by and a trail heading into a large field. I havent seen much sign there other than some droppings and on big rub on a cedar tree about the size around of a coffee can.

I cant wait, going to take full advantage of any days i can get in the woods.

Old 11-15-2006, 07:35 PM

beltedmag, pine thickets have been the best place ive ever seen to hunt. all 4 pioeces of land ive had the privilege of hunting have had a pine thicket and thats always where i caught deer moving for some reason. they really like the cover it gives them for some reason.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah i have had the same experiences, with pine thickets. Its great cover for them when the pressure is on and when the wind and rain gets going. There is an old rotted up tore down treestand about 15 feet from the pines, so someone else a long time ago had the same idea.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:57 PM

WVHunter129,

Where are you going in GREENBRIER CO? I am going for the first time to Kerless Knob area. We will be camping Sun-Thurs if all goes as planned. Looking for a nice buck or 2. My son, friend/nieghbor and I are going.
Bad thing is we have never got to do any scouting at all. We drove to the property in Aug. for about an hour.
Has had little deer hunting pressure but gets lots of bear/dog pressure.

Good Luck to you and your family. Everyone stay safe and enjoy God's great creation.

Dave in Philippi WV
Old 11-16-2006, 02:30 AM

We got a 600 acre hunt lease next door to my inlaws farm. The property has been timbered some time ago, but there is still a nice string of hardwoods throughout the property. We will hunt this the first week and the second week we stay in a cabin on a 200 acre farm in Pennsboro. The 600 acre lease is in Wood County.

Good Luck to everyone
Be safe and hunt hard
Old 11-16-2006, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Can't wait! I'm half packed and ready to go. The weather forecast looks great too!

Quick Reply: 2006 WV Buck Season Coming Up!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.