HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Massachusetts Rut (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/164600-massachusetts-rut.html)

big ten 11-12-2006 05:42 AM

Massachusetts Rut

has anybody seen any type of chasing yet going on? i know i haven't and the local checking station hasn't had much either. most people i talk to say the same thing not much chasing, you usually hear of deer being hit by cars when they are chasing. was wondering what you masssachusetts hunters have heard or seen any chasing yet? of course these temps. don't help anything either at least this week will be a little cooler with some light rain and mainly a north wind. hopefully this week will be better than last week. any info would be helpful?

mrfritz44 11-12-2006 05:44 AM

RE: Massachusetts Rut

Can't speak to Mass, but I had a bad rut hunt in PA. The sign is there, it just seems to be all nocturnal activity.

I think I'm gonna cry.....it's almost like summer vacation never came.[&o]

flymandan 11-12-2006 09:36 AM

I've spent all day in stand both last weekend and yesterday and my stand have a very large view radious in the woods. I have seen less movement over these two weeks then I have all year. Plenty of sign so most likely they have gone totally nocturnal on me. I hope it picks up before it ends!

luckyshot 11-12-2006 01:17 PM

i haven't seen much at all but.........a friend of mine is on the call list for deer hit in the town of Sandwich Mass. Their was 6 bucks hit by cars during daylight hours yesterday (Sat.) It's always a little cooler down the cape. So it must be busting loose over there!

Mike Hill 11-12-2006 06:11 PM

According to everything I have read it looks like Wed the moon will be perfect. Now if the weather will help ou t a bit I think we will see a mocked improvement. (Now lets see how good the so clled experts are.)

MikeVT 11-14-2006 02:07 PM

Yep, in Southern Vermont we had daytime temps in the 50's, very bad for buck movement. Should pick up again this weekend when temps are not going to get out of the 40's. Should definitely jump start a lot of activity.

buckmaster_27 11-15-2006 06:51 PM

ive been out every afternoon just about and i have seen deer (3 bucks) all by themselves.no rut action yet.though they are hitting some scrapes pretty hard.

RackAttack 11-15-2006 07:23 PM

Been hunting Rochester and Middleboro and the scrapes are getting hit hard, but I am not seeing much at all in deer movement. Maybe alot at night. This weekend the temps are going to be cooler, so hopefully next week will pick up

Flairball 11-16-2006 12:46 PM

It's the weather guys. Warm weather is a classic rut supressor. All this rain and humididty probably has an effect too. There's hope; weather man said to expect a cooling off on Sunday. Let's hope.