Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 handicapped hunter's 10 pointer >

handicapped hunter's 10 pointer

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

handicapped hunter's 10 pointer

Old 11-03-2006, 08:03 AM

Default handicapped hunter's 10 pointer

Greetings to all.
I have been fortunate enough to be a volunteer at the Handicapped Hunt run by Mass Fish and Wildlife. (On land open to public hunting, I might add.)
One of the most rewarding experiences I've ever had.
This hunter sat out in a wheelchair all morning in the cold pouring rain, he was rewarded when this nice deer came out to him, he made a perfect chest shot for a good clean kill.
Here is an excerpt from the email he sent me:

"I want to thank you very much for taking these pictures. I will cherish the pictures of my first successful hunt for many years to come. This was my third year of trying to have a successful hunt and I think it ended positively, maybe a little wet but you can't complain about that. Please let me know if some of the other hunters have the same pleasure I did today. You can use the pictures for any promotional situation you'd care to concerning handicapped hunting and showing people what they can really do if they want to. If I can help put a positive spin on a hunter safety course volunteering please let me know. Please let the other volunteers know how much I appreciated their assistance in making this year's hunt so successful."

Please, find out if your state has a program and volunteer if they do.
You won't regret it.

Sorry, I can't seem to attach the picture, it says the file is too big. I'm not very computer literate.

Old 11-03-2006, 08:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: handicapped hunter's 10 pointer

Pure determination right there, I'm sure you are rightfully proud. Good for him!! Find a way to post those pics...
Old 11-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am very glad to here of this, and having good luck is great and must be very rewarding to all invovled.

If you right click on the pictures and open with paint, you can click on image and go down to sketch/skew you can resize the photos to put up if you wish.

Again congats on the success!
Old 11-03-2006, 01:42 PM
jf5

Good for him and good for you. Nice job on your part...
Old 11-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Typical Buck

My dad is also a handicapped hunter - he has been a quardapalegic since November 2001 when he fell from a roof. He had a partial spinal injury, so he can use his hands and feet somewhat, but not very well and he is confined to a wheelchair.

This year week he got his second deer since the accident. I was there for his first but my cousin was with him this week. Hunting was one of the things we always did together and I'm glad he still has the opportunity to do something he loves.

Good for you, HunterAnnie, for helping this hunter out - my dad is fortunate enough to have family that can help, but not everyone is.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:52 PM

Here's the picture (with help from teenage son!)

Old 11-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now that's a nice buck!

Thanks to guys like you making it happen.

He gota buck but you also got something in return.

It's a good feeling, knowing you both shared a special day afield.