HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   bad weather (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/162247-bad-weather.html)

nybowhunter 10-29-2006 04:08 AM

bad weather

It's about 6am and I'm sitting at home with nothing to do. WHY...because the weather here is terrible. Right now we have 55 mph winds and 5-10" of snow is expected.All the gus came home from camp yesterday after sitting in the rain for two 2 days and listening to todays forcast. I'm not very happy right now because this has been the worst bow season! I have hardly been in the woods (4 times) and time is running out! Only two more weeks. How is everybody's season going?

NY Bowhunter 10-29-2006 05:50 AM

RE: bad weather

Theweather absolutely sucks this year for bowseason.

Phade 10-29-2006 10:23 AM

It's unreal. And the deer are moving, I'm seeing more and more bucks on the side of the roads, hit.

If it's not rain, its the wind...

WNY BOWHUNTER1101 10-29-2006 10:47 AM

i been out about 7 times and iam pissed i never miss this many days .
i work nights so i can hunt every evening . and this weather sucks so bad it's been horrable. next time i get a chance to shoot iam shooting .

maugus63 10-29-2006 11:28 AM

I didnt go yesterday morning because it was raining so hard. Yesterday afternoon the rain stopped and the wind died down for a while so I went out and had about 2 hours where it was not windy and only a little rain. Then when it got to be about 5:00, the wind and rain picked up again. I could hear trees cracking and falling so I figured it was time to get out of my stand and call it a day. This morning the winds here were terrible. We just got our power back a little after 1:00 pm. It does not look like the wind is going to let up the the rest of today. I may have to be "sick" a day this week just to get some hunting in.
MIKE

matt068 10-29-2006 01:17 PM

C'mon guys we are western new yorkers a little 55 mph wind and driving rain never stopped a real bow hunter. Buck up and brave the elements broken branches early 22' of snow makes for a fun bow season! Yeah its a challenge but we got moxy, ok thats bull**** I'm sick of this too ,mother nature can kiss my a**!

doughboysigep 10-29-2006 01:29 PM

pretty much a wasted weekend - friday was great (didn't see anything however). saturday was a washout for most part (hunted for a couple hours in am - got drenched; and for an hour in evening after rain stopped - saw nothing). Didn't even bother this morning - rain,/snow, gusting wind. As I was leaving camp, I thought I should be out in the woods....you know, it is aweful hard to shoot the deer from here at the computer!!! looks like the weather will be better this weekend (i'll probably take a few extra days - maybe hunt thursday-monday. it will be my last hurrahh - i'll be in the Adirondacks the 8th-14th - get to hunt the last day of the season also).

nybowhunter 10-30-2006 04:28 AM

I just saw today's forecast for the week. Rain starts Tuesdayand ends late Friday. Even though they cannot accurately predict the weather that far ahead, Saturday & Sunday look decent. I think they aretrying to get ourhopes up! I'm hoping to get Friday off from work to get a three day weekend and finally do some hunting!