Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 MD Early Muzzleloader Season >

MD Early Muzzleloader Season

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MD Early Muzzleloader Season

Old 10-19-2006, 11:05 AM

Default MD Early Muzzleloader Season

Early muzzleloader opened today in MD. Anyone have any luck yet? I didn't see squat this morning. Rain coming in tonight, so maybe this evening will be more eventful.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: MD Early Muzzleloader Season

I saw 7 or 8, all does and maybe a few of them buttons. It was fun to get out there, but I'm tired! BTW, I didn't want to shoot a doe, but was tempted toshoot the one blowing at me.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:46 PM

I have to miss early muzzle loader this season. Thats ussually when Ihave my best luck. Sawyoung 8 pointer and a few doeslast week in the woods. Had a few sika does and a 4 pt stagclose tuesday couldn't get a shot. I've heard rain here (Dorchester)tomorrow with sunny and low 60s on saturday. Need some lower temps!!!!
Old 10-19-2006, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

Nope I haven't been out yet. I'll be out tomorrow and Saturday though. I'm not planning on going out tomorrow until the rain stops though. :-)
Old 10-19-2006, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

Oh Yeah! Me and my buddy lefty each bagged6pt. bucks within a few minutes of each other on some public land.
-Rick C

Old 10-19-2006, 07:16 PM
bigcountry

Saw a bunch of 4's, one spike, and few does. Nothing worth shootin.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats, Rick! Sorry I couldn't be there!!

Jon
Old 10-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: slicendice

Congrats, Rick! Sorry I couldn't be there!!

Jon
Sorry you couldn't make it down. Hope we get a chance to meet up for a hunt sometime this season.

-Rick
Old 10-20-2006, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

I had an uneventful opening evening on Thursday. First, I forgot my orange hat. Second, when I threw the BP over the shoulder, the top strap of my sling came undone.... which caused third, my rifle to fall backwards and land, barrel first, into a very clay type surface. After a few minutes of trying to unclug the barrel, I managed to push the piece of clay futher into the barrel.[:@] So with that, I put the rifle back in its case and decided to just sit on my stand to see if anything moved. NEedless to say, I jumped one or two does on my way to my stand.

So yea, that was my Thursday evening story. I will be out there tomorrow morning in hopes that I see something in the early hours. Good luck!
Old 10-20-2006, 07:46 PM

Well I hunted three different stands, yesterday morning andevening and this evening and the only deer I saw was one that was road kill on the side of route 4....;-(

Quick Reply: MD Early Muzzleloader Season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.