Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Any WV bowhunters... >

Any WV bowhunters...

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any WV bowhunters...

Old 10-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any WV bowhunters...

another pic

Old 10-21-2006, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Might Mite

another pic

nice buck....congrats!
Old 10-21-2006, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking buck congrats
Old 10-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice one Mite.

Stay safe over there dhnut1973.

No hunting for me this weekend (10/21-22) Had to help the old man finish an addition on his garage--good time though. Hopefully be out tomorrow evening. Continued good luck all
Old 10-23-2006, 09:52 AM

Nice buck!!! Congrats.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:55 PM

This is my son Jerod with his very first ever buck with a bow. This is a nice 5 point buck. He dressed out at 120 lbs!

Father and son score their first ever bucks with in one week of each other!
Old 10-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to all my fellow WV hunters that have filled their tags. I'm still looking but I have a feeling it won't be long. The rut is about to hit and I have next week off to hunt.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to those that have scored.

I've seen more deer in my 2 days on stand this year than any other 2 days I can remember in Braxton county. No big bucks...but 4 or 5 small ones. The first morning I saw 30+ deer from my stand, all within 100yds.

I stuck a fat doe about 4pm...and I hit her good. I've been bowhunting over 20 years, and have killed a large dump truck load of deer with a bow. Until last Saturday, I had only lost one.

I waited about 1/2 hour...climbed down and found the arrow. It was dripping with good blood, I thought. I looked in the direction that the deer went...not a drop. I went to the last place I marked her at about 100yds...not a drop. I walked from there back to the arrow...not a drop. I even followed her "hit down" marks through the leaves for about 150yds...not a drop. I looked until dark, got a good light and looked some more. Probably 4 hours total. NOT A DROP OF BLOOD.

In hindsight, I think I was too far back and the blood was liver blood and guts plugged the hole. (She was angled a bit) That's the only thing I can think of.

I was sick about losing the deer, but pumped about all the deer I was seeing. While tracking her, a spike walked to about 25yds from me. LOL

I'll be back at it Fri and Sat the next 2 weekends. Come on cold weather!
Old 10-25-2006, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got permission to hunt the property up the street from my house last night. It's only about five acres, but it is all a wooded hill and valley right in the middle of the city. This is my first year doing the urban hunt. Hopefully I can get a shot at one of the big boys that roams my neighborhood at night. I scouted it last night and it is very thick in there. I am going to try and hang a stand friday night without causing too much of a ruckus. There is very good buck sign down in there.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Al, any signs of bucks seeking does yet? Here in Maryland, I am hearing of some action, but the consensus is that it should pick up in a few weeks.

Quick Reply: Any WV bowhunters...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.