Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MASS SIGN

Old 10-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default MASS SIGN

anyone seeing rubs or scrapes yet?what about acorns?i have seen a few rubs but no scrapes.acorns are everywhere.im not seeing many deer in the fields they must be into them now........im in western mass what is everyonelse seeing?
Old 10-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: MASS SIGN

I saw some scrapes in the "big woods" areas we hunt... The small chunks don't seem to have any scrape sign yet. I have seen some scattered rubs, but moreso in the little chunks than big.
I live in Pittsfield and hunt all over Berkshire County... I have spots in Richmond, Lee, Lenox, Pittsfield, & Lanesboro/Cheshire I hunt. Good sign everywhere this year. Have seen several smaller bucks and 1 decent 8 point so far.

Old 10-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

i haven't seen many rubs, just a few and i have only seen 1 scrape, the last couple of afternoons i have checked a bunch of fields and have not seen anything. The woods here in central mass are full of acorns, reds and whites
Old 10-09-2006, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys,
Im in eastern mass, and I have seen one doe in the woods about 3 weeks ago. I have some cam pics of deer. Alot of acorns. I have found one scrape and only like 3 rubs and today I covered alot of ground up on the North Shore. I have one promising stand, a ground blind and then two stands I will go to later with the shotgun.

Jim
Old 10-09-2006, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't really saw too many rubs or scrapes yet this year the nuts are all over the place though. I don't put too much value on seeing deer before season so I woulden't worry about that its what you see on stand that counts.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

I went out this afternoon to check on one of my areas and boy what a difference a week makes.... i found beaten down leaves on trails, scrapes and rubs and acorns all over the place, they were just about hitting me on the head while i was walking... very encouraging day today