Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Any Luck In Long Island Yet? >

Any Luck In Long Island Yet?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any Luck In Long Island Yet?

Old 10-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default Any Luck In Long Island Yet?

Hey everybody,

Just checking in to see if anybody in Long Island has harvested any deer yet. I am a little late getting out this year as I have never bowhunted before and I missed the bowhunters education course a few weeks ago. I am taking the course this Sat. and Sun. at Smiths Point Archery. I will be out in my stand on Monday Morning. I was lucky enough to be able to hunt some private land out in Speonk (Town of Southhampton 125 Acres).

Has anybody seen any deer in Long Island, or better yet, harvested any? Godd luck to all. Lets make it a great and safe season.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:14 PM

Default RE: Any Luck In Long Island Yet?

I also hunt a private club in Speonk off rt 51. seen a few boomers all summer. Should be going out soon, work is starting to slow down = more hunting time.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Spike

On my way out to fish Montauk, late last night, I saw a ton of deer. Several amost got a good look at my bumper.

Exchanging the rod and reel, for the bow any day now...
Old 10-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

i have seen a few good bucks right next to britts place, but have not seen them since i scouted... been seeing a lot of does but not really into taking does this early i am out in the woods to just enjoy the time while i got the time before the military calls me anymore.... i just flew home on sunday to hunt with a few buddies....Once it gets colder i will be taking me some does....
Old 10-20-2006, 10:10 AM

LI Hunter, I was lucky yesterday and took a nice 8pt.Anyone know of a butcher on the northshore,around the Smithtown area?
Old 10-22-2006, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DL04

LI Hunter, I was lucky yesterday and took a nice 8pt.Anyone know of a butcher on the northshore,around the Smithtown area?
got pics?
Old 10-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

go to the archery shop calledArchery Forum. I think the butcher which i slocated in thatsame storeis calledWildlife Taxidermy. I live in Lake Grove and work in Smithtown. The butcher is on 25 in middle country right across from the BenjaminMoore that burned down. Great People.

This may be a little late but at least you know for next time.

Where are your pics and wher did you get him?

Old 10-23-2006, 05:07 AM

Thanks-Is that the archerystore out in Middle Island on the south side of 25?..I'm terrible with the pc,I've never sent pics -
wouldn't know where to start-maybe I can get my 12 yr old to help with loading the pics...lol.I got him out in Westhampton north of the county airport.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Typical Buck

Yes, it on the south side. its just east of the blinking yellow light. The taxidermy/ butchers number is 924-2204.
Great guys in the taxidermy and in the archery shop!
Old 10-25-2006, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

are we the only thing that kills deer on longisland, are there coyotes? or any other animals that eat them?

Quick Reply: Any Luck In Long Island Yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.