Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Penn License Sales-AUGUST 06 >

Penn License Sales-AUGUST 06

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Penn License Sales-AUGUST 06

Old 09-08-2006, 05:46 AM

Default Penn License Sales-AUGUST 06

Joe Neville:

Just a note. As you well know we have just completed a full week ofSeptember and I havent seen you post the figures and averages of Pennsylvania Hunting licenses sold thisAugust as compared to the very same time last year.

I'm hoping that the averages have improved as any loss is unacceptable, or should be to an agency with a $73 Million Dollar operating budget. Would you please be so kind asto post the figures for August 06and thefigures for last August 05so we can see the comparison?
Old 09-08-2006, 07:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Penn License Sales-AUGUST 06

Who cares about the land of taxes and monkey rulersanymore ???
Old 09-08-2006, 10:46 AM

Obviously another disappointed non-resident hunter.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

The August general license sales will be interesting when they come out but doe tag sales have been posted daily andhave, so far, been running slightly ahead of last year. Lets all hope the general licenses are doing the same.

Obviously another disappointed non-resident hunter.

BTW Cardeer has been a PAresident for a lotta years. I thought everyone on this board knew that.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Your right,But I own property in WV now. I can hunt there free and just walk in and get doe tags over the counter. Pa hunting is in the past for me
Old 09-08-2006, 04:58 PM

I am waiting for the day I plan to hunt to buy my tags ,last year I bought them early with all the extras and ended up hunting only the first 3 days of rifle season and got lucky enough to shoot a good one ,I wisely spent my hunting time out of state and I had lots of hunting time.I wasted my money on those extra stickers in Pa. .I'm not sticking around here come mid oct.,that when my rig leaves this state.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't wait for Cardeer's daily season ticker threads, or is he not doing that this year?

"1st Day for PA deer"
"2nd day for PA deer"
"3rd day for PA deer"
etc.

We love ya bud! Give us some pics of all those outta state deer you're going to get this year. Maybe do a comparison thread of PA vs. your new state this season. I finally figgered out where you moved to, BTW
Old 09-08-2006, 07:41 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing the numbers come out. There are several folks at work that swear they won't waste the money and vacation time this year. I guess we will see.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:53 AM

REPEAT:

Joe Neville:

Just a note. As you well know we have just completed a full week ofSeptember and I haven't seen you post the figures and averages of Pennsylvania Hunting licenses sold thisAugust as compared to the very same time last year.

I'm hoping that the averages have improved as any loss is unacceptable, or should be to an agency with a $73 Million Dollar operating budget. Would you please be so kind asto post the figures for August 06and thefigures for last August 05so we can see the comparison?

Old 09-11-2006, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I imagine lisence sales will be down this year and it the future,they'll probably decline some more.I was at a 3-shoot a couple weeks ago and was surprised to see only 4 junior shooters signed up by the time I left.Several years ago,the sheet would have been filled with youngsters.

I've noticeda steady decrease in pressure for the past several years in this part of 2G.Camps are generally empty during deer season but full during bear season and the mosquito creek coyote hunt.I imagine that alot of this has to do with less deer but it also has to doattrition,gas prices and the fact that deer hunting is better in the southern counties.Alot of people don't have the time to travel to camp anymore so they just hunt closer to home.

We just opened 2200 acres for hunting that hasn't been opened since the 1960's.This area averages over 70 dpsm and there's alot of older age class bucks.We started accepting application over a month ago and so far we have about 60 hunters registered.I figured all 120 slots would have been filled in a week.I really though we'd get more interest considering the fact that there isn't another deer within 500 miles of this place.

Quick Reply: Penn License Sales-AUGUST 06

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.