Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Damn Bucky

Old 09-05-2006, 05:12 AM
Spike

Default Damn Bucky

I wish they would hurry up and catch Bucky Phillips. The State Police have asked all hunters to stay out of the woods. I got my car searched 3 times in 30 miles going to my mother-in-laws house. What to do. I checked my stands a few weeks ago but what if opening day comes and they don't catch him? This is beginning to suck big time!!!
Old 09-05-2006, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Damn Bucky

I think it is better to saty out till they get him. Not only will bucky view you as a threat but the police are in the woods looking for him. I wouldn't want to be holding a gun when they are out there hunting for a fugitive.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

I think it is a little more important to catch someone who murdered a state trooper than to worry about a little hunting right now.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:30 AM

There is no doubt that they need to catch him. (Although, I don't think they will. I think they will shoot him.) As the year progresses, and the weather worsens I think he's more likely to move, or be found. He'll have a hard time staying out in the woods when its 0 degrees. He'll ned more supplies and have to make more obvious shelters, and this will make him more vulnerable.
I don't really think he poses a real big threat to hunters. I bet that as long as a hunter did not try to catch him he woulds simply go the other way. Why wouldn't he? Most hunters won't be out there looking for him, they will be hunting..
But none the less, he need to be caught, and the sooner the better. There has been many unfortunate things that have happened, that are related to his escape (ie. the killed state trooper, the kid shot on a 4 wheeler, the other wounded officers, the many break ins, just to name a few). It has gone way to far for too long, its time to put an end to it.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:19 AM

is this in ny anyone have anything from the news on this... i haven't heard of anything and i'm in philly pa
Old 09-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Fork Horn

Escaped from Erie County jail I believe and has gone on one hell of a crime spree, shot two NY troopers doing surveillance. Amen Airborneguy, stay out of the woods and let the troopers do what they have to do. If all works out, Bucky will come out of the woods in a vinyl bag. My condolences to that Trooper's family and friends and thank you for the sacrifices you made.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:19 PM

they should make it legal that you can shot him he will turn up fast... and don't make us have a tag for him either
Old 09-05-2006, 01:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Haveany of you given any thought to why this guy would break out of a prison that was going to release him in four days? Time served.

Have any of you read about his indian ties?The reseveration is not far from there.
Read the last line in this story.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-09-04-trooper-suspect_x.htm

Old 09-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Idon't really think he poses a real big threat to hunters. I bet that as long as a hunter did not try to catch him he woulds simply go the other way. Why wouldn't he?
I have a friend that did time with him,you should be worried.

He also said he doesn't think it will be over until he's dead.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Typical Buck

$225,000 reward I say let's go on a bucky hunt
it is getting to be a pain in the but and I agree the troopers will most likely end up shooting him

Quick Reply: Damn Bucky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.