Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Wolves kill hounds and people and eat them too! >

Wolves kill hounds and people and eat them too!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Wolves kill hounds and people and eat them too!

Old 07-18-2006, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wolves kill hounds and people and eat them too!

After our lengthy debate awhile ago about the re-introduction of wolves, I thought this was interesting.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/9530142/detail.html

Apparently, she was breeding these with dogs and selling the pups as wolf/dogs. The latest update I heard on TV said they were in the process of consuming her body when discovered.
Silly, silly people.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wolves kill hounds and people and eat them too!

That lady (victim) doesn't sound like "the sharpest tool in the shed" forthinking that was a good idea in the firstplace.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea,
I'm sorry that she died and all but, it was not the brightest idea to fool around with those things. The folks who want to re-introduce them are just like this woman. They do not realize whatwolves are capable of. Just imagine having these things in your favorite deer woods.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:33 PM

It has been documented that in recent years Pennsylvanians have killed "Coyotes" that exceeded 80 pounds. EIGHTY POUNDS!!!

(A friend of mine son-in-law this past deer season shot and killed an 83 pound Coyote.)

One has to wonder if some of these type of animals have not been released into the wild because the owners could not tolerate the agressiveness of these creatures? It could be a contributing factor to the 80 pound Coyotes Pennsylvania is experiencing.

The PGC now wants to know what happened to any offspring because these offspring must now be destroyed. When that info gets out how many owners of these pups will turn them loose rather than see them die at the hands of the authorities?

This is truly a dilemma.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea, reallynot smart. I would like to see wolves, bears, and the like all survive but i am sure as hell not keeping them in a pen in my back yard.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:00 PM

Well, that picture that went around the internet with the "coyote" and the six point deer was a real picture taken in PA but the "coyote" was a wolf/dog cross. He had been neutered so I would guess he had become to dangerous to keep? He even might have been one of this lady's breeding! She had been at it for 8 or 9 years. There was a story from Ohio last week where a woman shot and killed 2 of 3 wolves that had gotten loose and were attacking her dog. The third was also shot. The interesting thing from that is the article stated that you do Not need a permit for wolves in that state. So there could be many that are let loose and they will wander. Makes for a nice mixture of bloodlines out in the wild. So I would say you need to be prepared for Anything when you are out in the woods or even your backyard.