Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DCNR SAYS 126 DEER PER MILE IN CLEARFIELD,PA. >

DCNR SAYS 126 DEER PER MILE IN CLEARFIELD,PA.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DCNR SAYS 126 DEER PER MILE IN CLEARFIELD,PA.

Old 06-26-2006, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default DCNR SAYS 126 DEER PER MILE IN CLEARFIELD,PA.

micheal deberandinis and merlin benner of dcnr say aerial survey in clearfield county, pa.found as high as 126 deer per sq. mile. this survey was done in feb of 2006.OTHER COUNTYS WHERE THEY SAW DEER WAS POTTER COUNTY,18 PER SQ MILE AND LOWEST WAS TIOGA COUNTY,8 PER MILE.its funny, we are lucky to see a deer here in 2g clinton county, sou. potter county.i guess we just dont know how to hunt anymore or asis said, we dont get off road and deer are WAYBACK. hmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 06-26-2006, 11:04 AM

Default RE: DCNR SAYS 126 DEER PER MILE IN CLEARFIELD,PA.

Proof is in the picture.
DMAP 305: This tract had a few areas of high concentrations, with the most excessive reaching 126 deer per square mile. The habitat at this particular location is rugged, with dense mountain laurel occupying the understory and red oaks dominating the canopy. The tract also borders private land. On average, deer densities were 16 per square mile and ranged from 5 to 30 across most of the area.

Old 06-26-2006, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live near and hunt those units all the time.The first thing you have to realize is that two of those units averaged out to 10 dpsm and the unit with the big concentration of deer averaged out to 16 dpsm.The habitat in that area is terrible with the exception of a few small areas and one big area that was ravaged by a tornado in 1985.Most of the deer were concentrated in those areas.You can walk and hunt for days in that area and never see a deer or cut a track because there's nothing for them to eat.Find an areas with food and cover and you'll still find decent concentrations of deer.It's actually a very easy area to hunt because you can key in on a few good areas with plenty of deer.Most hunters chose to whine and complain about no deer in this area but as you can see from the pictures,there's still plenty.Also,non of these area are way back in.The concentration of 126 dpsm,is very close to rt 322.

I'm not sure what you're getting at.Are you saying DCNR is not telling the truth and that these pictures don't really show that many deer?hunters havebeen asking for a more accurate deer count for years and no that they spend thousands of dollars to get an exact count,people don'tbelieve them.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

doug, why dont they do something constructive and show areas WHERE there are no deer.i could show them and no need to waste all that money. just take spot light at night.you are one that says deer are WAYBACK,in rugged ,vast ,endless mountains. what is your conclusion that clearfield has 126 der per mile?hmmmmmmmmm
Old 06-26-2006, 07:50 PM

what is your conclusion that clearfield has 126 der per mile?
s-man, you're taking that out of context. All of Clearfield does not have 126 deer per mile, just the one area captured in the FLIR. You know that. Just spinning things to suit yourself.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: T_in_PA3

what is your conclusion that clearfield has 126 der per mile?
s-man, you're taking that out of context. All of Clearfield does not have 126 deer per mile, just the one area captured in the FLIR. You know that. Just spinning things to suit yourself.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ,spinning just like mikey and merlin .
Old 06-26-2006, 08:41 PM

The FLIR seems to present just what they are claiming. What do you have to claim there are not 126 or so deer per square mile in that area of the flight? Let's see some to support your claims for once.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: T_in_PA3

The FLIR seems to present just what they are claiming. What do you have to claim there are not 126 or so deer per square mile in that area of the flight? Let's see some to support your claims for once.
t/pa3,there had to be privateland somewhere there.i have 81 acres and have around 18 deer onmy land.next to me is stateforestland, no deer.no way that is stateforestland and having 126 deer in 1 mile.i am not stupid.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:06 AM

81 acres and 18 deer. That's 142 deer per square mile.

Here is a little map of the area in question. Red line is SF boundary. Blue square is a square mile, 640 acres. Count up the numbers and you will get more than 126 deer per square mile. Looks like some good hunting on that hill top.

Old 06-27-2006, 09:15 AM

These reports are very deceiving. If you find one deer on a 10 acre plot and use it as the average deer population for that area that averages out to 64 deer per square mile. I can tell you for a fact in area 3D the deer population on state land has been drastically reduced. Flying over is one thing, walking the land is another. If you keep listening to these morons we won't have any deer left.

Quick Reply: DCNR SAYS 126 DEER PER MILE IN CLEARFIELD,PA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.