Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DCNR SAYS 126 DEER PER MILE IN CLEARFIELD,PA.

Old 06-28-2006, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DCNR SAYS 126 DEER PER MILE IN CLEARFIELD,PA.

The deer were on the the sidehills.i'm willing to bet that area doesn't get hunted much harder this year than itdid in the past.Those deer were there for a specific reason at a specific time of the year.After green-up,they spread out some.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: germain

Hey Doug,I just noticed something on the map T posted.Those deer aren't in the creek valley they're on top.
Man with all this publicity the bar up the road will get plenty of business this year.
your right,germain and thats what dcnr wants.thats new way to do it now, take area they want deer wiped out, put it in papers and here, in will come DROVES of hunters. heck, many are driving to philadelphia area now, 5 hour drive,so 1 hour drive will be nice for them.i talke to 2 hunters today and both said they are going to rockton with their buddies in archery this year.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Make sure you tell them to look me up when they get here.I'll gladly show them the exact spot and many more.Somehow though,Ihave a feeling if they're crying about no deer in the Sproul,they'll also leave here with tears in their eyes.The overall dd for this area is still only 10-16 dpsm.Besides,like you stated earlier,those deer will all be on private land anyway.That is if the poachers,coyotes and mountain lions don't get them first.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:34 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

There just trying to keep you boys HAPPY! Remember lairs figure and figures lie.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been hunting 4D and 2G for the last 10 years. While there may very well be plenty of deer in northern Centre and southern Clearfield counties I don't care what anybody says on the state game lands there are very few deer. Your best chances for seeing anything during the rifle season is on private property and posted land. When I went up there as a kid it was not uncommon to see 30-40 deer per day, now your lucky to see2-3 if even that.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

i feel the same way as you. im really shocked what i hear about not many people hunting puplic land. i hunt 4D and sometimes part of 2G and its crazy w/ hunters on SGL's. ive never said there was no deer but its really thin in a lot of areas. yet my buddy hunts private land 30min away and has way too many deer, but they dont have the hunters.
its a shame so much land is posted but what can ya do

ORIGINAL: thndrchiken

I've been hunting 4D and 2G for the last 10 years. While there may very well be plenty of deer in northern Centre and southern Clearfield counties I don't care what anybody says on the state game lands there are very few deer. Your best chances for seeing anything during the rifle season is on private property and posted land. When I went up there as a kid it was not uncommon to see 30-40 deer per day, now your lucky to see2-3 if even that.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

doug,pgc says they are managing 465 animals, i believe thats figure.question,they say deer are only 1.if not for deer that are being wiped out, would they have sold 1 million licenses and now 800,000 and dropping.will non -hunters buy licenses that hunters are not buying do to lack of deer.next, i can see why the state rep wanted a hiking permit for 20 dollars, he knows what is going to happen with no deer.next,new york has much better hunting than pa. and their license cost is 24 dollars.can pgc justify increae in license to over 30 dollars when there are no deer.could the pgc not be cutting their timber so they can show they are BROKE. could you help answer these to a clueless person.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:35 AM

Is NY are seperate state agency that relies soley on hunter dollars or do they get general fund money? I think I know the answer to this one.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

The PGC needs a fee increase because they haven't got one in 9 years.Over the past 9 years,do you suppose their operating expenses went up or down.i own a businessa nd i can tell you for sure that mine went up andI only have two employees.

Thunderchicken,the state game lands have much better hunting than the state forst landand most of the privateland around here bucause the habitat is much better.

PaGobbler,the state land does get hunted but it's relatively easy to get away from people and kill deer consistantly.TheParking areas are full but the hunters aren't far from their trucks in most cases and they hunt where they can see the farthest.It's the same way in bear season.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thunderchicken,I never said there was alot of deer up here.Our deer densities probably hover right around 10 dpsm during the winter.That's not alot of deer but if you hunt where they should be,you'll see alot more.I have no doubt that you used to see 40 deer a day.That was common all accross the northern tier and that's exactly why we don't more deer today.

Quick Reply: DCNR SAYS 126 DEER PER MILE IN CLEARFIELD,PA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.