Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Satisfied extended NJ earn a buck. >

Satisfied extended NJ earn a buck.

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Satisfied extended NJ earn a buck.

Old 10-29-2002, 06:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default Satisfied extended NJ earn a buck.

Took a small doe on Saturday. 5 yds broadside. She went about 80 yds.

I don't like this idea of taking doe's first. But in order to shoot a buck it must be done.

Edited by - JERSEYJOE on 10/29/2002 07:54:50
Old 10-29-2002, 07:18 AM

Default RE: Satisfied extended NJ earn a buck.

Hopefully this spring when the game code gets hammered out this earn-a-buck madness will end. The NJ deer herd can't take another season of it. I expect to be dissapointed however, since fish and game would like to reduce the herd in most of central NJ by a whopping 40% of what it is now. I think it has been drastically reduced already, I can't imagine how pathetic our deer herd will be when there are 40% fewer animals out there than there are now.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:29 AM

They don't care. The less deer the better, as far as the F&G is concerned. They don't work for the outdoorsmen of this state, they work for the politicians and insurance companies, the farmers and the yuppie landowners.
If there was 2 deer per square mile in NJ, they'd be slapping high fives and cheering.

"In heaven, even the fish have antlers"
Old 10-29-2002, 07:58 AM

6pt, I agree with you. I think if there were 2 deer per square mile, these morons would shout that it's 2 deer too many.
Old 10-29-2002, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

WELL I AGREE WITH YOU GUYS!!! I CALL, WRITE, ASK QUESTIONS, BUT NEVER DID I GET THE SAME ANSWER IF I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET ONE. I WORK FOR THE STATE, AND LET ME TELL YOU IF THEY SAY ONE THING I BET 1 YEAR PAY THEY MEAN ANOTHER. LOOK A THE BEAR POPUALTION, THEY TELL THE PUBLIC AT ONE TIME THAT THE BEARS ARE AT A CERTAIN NUMBER, NOW THEY ADMITT ITS WELL OVER 2,000 BEARS.

AS FAR AS IM CONCERN IF THEY DONT CHANGE THE GAME CODES, SHORTEN THE SEASON, ETC, IN OTHER WORDS GO BACK TO THE WAY THE DEER SEASON WAS, I WILL NOT SPEND ANOTHER $$$$ ON A NJ LICENSE, PERMIT, OR BUY ANYTHING RELATING TO HUNTING HERE IN NJ, CAUSE A CERTAIN % GOES TOWARDS FISH & GAME. IF I WANT TO SEE SMALL AMOUNT OF DEER, ILL GOTO MAINE, AND HAVE A BETTER CHANCE AT A LARGE BUCK.

GUYS WE NEED TO START WORKING TOGETHER NOT AGAINST EACH OTHER!!!! WHO CARES WHO GETS THE MOST DEER OR THE BIGGER BUCK.
Old 10-29-2002, 10:17 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-29-2002, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

NJBOWMAN, THATS A GREAT BUCK!!!!! TEMPTATION TOOK THE BEST OF THIS NON HUNTER FREAK. THE GUY DID THE RIGHT THING BY INFORMING FISH & GAME. BUT THIS IS ONE THING I MEAN BY HUNTERS WANTING TO SEE WHO GETS MORE OR BIGGER DEER, ANOTHER WORD IS "GREED". TOO BAD ALL OF US NJ HUNTERS JUST TELL THE STATE TO "F**K OFF!!!" FOR NEXT YEAR, SEE HOW FAST THEY GET ON THERE KNEES KISSING OUR BUTTS!!!! SEE IN MY PROFESSION, IF WE DONT GET A NEW CONTRACT TO OUR LIKING WE DO A "BLUE MONDAY" EVERYONE STICKS TOGETHER AND CALLS OUT SICK, THEN THE STATE HAS NO CHOICE TO GIVE IN, CAUSE IT COAST "$$$$" SO IF WE DID THE SAME, BUY NO LICENSES, NO PERMITS, STAMPS, ETC. THEY WOULD BUCKLE AND GIVE THE HUNTERS WHAT WE WANT, BUT I KNOW IT WONT HAPPEN, BUT SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO PLAY HARD BALL, THE ONLY THING GOOD IVE BEEN SEEING IS THAT THE BUCKS SEEM TO BE GETTING BIGGER EACH YEAR.
Old 10-29-2002, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

I heard about that NJ...Supposed to be a 12PT. It may have been killed in zone 11, Kingwood...My area! Let me know if you hear anything else about this.

Edited by - JERSEYJOE on 10/29/2002 13:48:29
Old 10-29-2002, 01:40 PM

Damn shame... I'd love to know how many guys would have the integrity to pass up a 180 class P&Y, the buck of a lifetime. My guess is that this type of thing happens all the time. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Old 10-29-2002, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

Blue monday, boycotting? Ever wonder what will happen if you did such a thing? Simply put, the general population would truly see that there is no need for hunters as a population control mechanism and turn to other methods. One such a system was started PETA would have field day and have the sport of hunting banned forever in NJ as there is no need for it. The reason they want you to take a doe is to get the population down so people aren't having car accidents and they can claim how successful hunters are and how neccesary you are to the system, at least number wise if not in actual practice. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, the fish and game guys are on your side and if you don't deliver, your sport and their livelihood are going to go extinct. Hunters are getting appearing pretty damn inefficient as population control mechanism as the herd seems to keep getting bigger and causing more problems to non hunters. Better a more difficult hunt then none at all. Start bringing the deer numbers down.
Remember the good old days? well they had alot less deer then you have availble and they seemed to make do, plus there used to be a whole lot more hunters back then than are around today. Start looking at the big picture, we all must make a small sacrifice for the greater good of the sport. Gee, having to shoot two deer and do twice as much hunting sounds like such a bad deal. Don't hunt in Jersey but i did kill a deer once in my car when it jumped in front of me. While I realize the problem of some locales being off limits to hunting having lots of the problems, we at least need some good press/numbers showing how we knocked the herd down when needed and can be counted on to control the herd when called for. Otherwise you may replaced by some stupid ass deer contraceptive at ten times the price and end up paying for it through your taxes to boot. Just another viewpointfrom a slightly different angle. best of luck to you all.
P.S BOWHUNTER COP, no offense to cops in general, but calling in sick and putting peoples lives in danger to get a pay raise just doesn't seem like the most noble way to act. Wonder how you feel about that practice if doctors did it and you happened to need to go to the emergency room on a "blue monday". Might not look at it the same way. Strike or don't but don't lie and scam about it.

Quick Reply: Satisfied extended NJ earn a buck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.