Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 hand guns in new york? >

hand guns in new york?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

hand guns in new york?

Old 05-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: hand guns in new york?

I am wrong on this to state residents as well. My comment should have been specific to non-residents. If you want to obtain a CCP in NY, and are non-resident, you can get this after some time via a course offered in several counties. Since this is difficult for non-residents, I was able to get both transport and CCPvia MID.

Apologize for the mis-statement.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:55 AM

Make sure you use the most up to date form. My son started the process in Oswego county but by the time he submitted the paperwork, he was advised that a new application form was out and he had to start over,and pay the application fee once again ( except for the finger print card ...$75 ).
Old 05-22-2006, 05:00 PM

I thought that NY did away with allits specialpermits and now only issues one type - acarry? Perhaps I am wrong, I have been known to be wrong before. My permitwas issuedinUlster Countyand is aconcealed carry permit.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:33 AM
Spike

First you need to find a class, I see your from Sackets Harbor, check Gander Mtn. and see if they have one scheduled anytime soon, the class will point you in the right direction, and answer all your ????s. And as far as I know, yes, they have switched to all concealed carry. If your a law abiding citizen, you shouldn't have a problem. Good luck!!!!
Old 05-24-2006, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rich e

First you need to find a class, I see your from Sackets Harbor, check Gander Mtn. and see if they have one scheduled anytime soon, the class will point you in the right direction, and answer all your ????s. And as far as I know, yes, they have switched to all concealed carry. If your a law abiding citizen, you shouldn't have a problem. Good luck!!!!
Wish Onondaga county would do that!!![:@]
Old 05-24-2006, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for all the input guys, ill check into it more. like i said im not 21 for a few months yet.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:14 PM

Got My pistal permit last year, I live in Steubon County took 6 months for me to get it, seems paper work goes threw kinda fast within 3 months but sits on Judges desk for other 3 months waiting to be signed & sent back to person applying for permit, I can carry mine if needed, was advised to by Clerk when applying for permit to check off Box where it said , concealed carrying, I think it said , close enough, but cost me 20 bucks for paperwork & $100.00 to get permit...Now I brother in law got his permit back within 3 months but he lives in Livingston county, depends on what county you live in...

Good luck
Old 06-15-2006, 07:33 AM

I drive over 80 miles each way to work just so I don't have to deal with NY Nazi gun laws. God bless PA.