Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Worst Day in The Woods... whats your >

Worst Day in The Woods... whats your

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Worst Day in The Woods... whats your

Old 03-24-2006, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Worst Day in The Woods... whats your

My worse day in the woods was actually just off the woods.

I was driving from Clarksville to Memphis TN in a rented Caravan - the only thing they could give me from the Nashville airport. It is about 5:00 pm and I am drinving through some pristeen country and actually dreaming ofdeer hunting. Right then a large buck - 180 orso -comes off an embankment and runsin the road just off my right fender. Just asI am applying the break, the animal take a 90 degreeleft turn right into the van. Thinking I amgoing to make jerky and alreadyswerving, the buck is hit andcomes rightthrought the windshield, into my lap with the glass and wiper with him.

He is now sitting on my lap,like he is driving, looking out the broken windshield withhis front legs over mine on the wheel. We set for a spell- probably not more than 2.35 seconds, andwe both realized what is going on and me likely less than him as hehas no driving experience - and we are going 50 mph on a windy road along a river.

This thing began to kick and fight like something you neversaw. I am a strong man and I could not hold the thing in place to keep steering. I Grabbed his body in a huge bear huge, and sqeezse with all my might to hold him and try anpush himto thepassemger seat - he is now driving with his hoves on thewheel and the horn if honking on and off, freaking him out more.

Itwas then I realized his right back leg was inside the seat belt and he was strapped in with me and I could not move this thing. His hoves were cutting into me all over my arms and legs and I could hear my pants ripping.We were heading toward the guard rail,Iput him in a reverse full nelson and with strength I have not seen before peeled his body out of the drivers seat, ripping theseat belt off bothus as he had already been hoofin it - and rolled him into the back seat.

I slammed on the breaks and smashed into the guardrail at about 35 mph and coveredmy head with my handsrightwhe the airbag went off.The air bag was over my right sholder as I was hanging out of the open door and then I felt the brut jump over me like a dog and out the windshield he goes flipping over the hood and on the ground. He jumps up and off he going into the woods.

I sit for a miniute - covered in his and mine blood, his and mine crap (I think)as aTN finest comes over the hill and puts his lights on.

I do not think the rental carfolks ever believed me but one thing I know for sure isthe strength of a wild deer is something tobe revered.

Old 03-24-2006, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cardeer

TOLD THE STORY BEFORE,JUST REAL QUICK .I AM DISABLED AND USE A X-BOW IN BOW SEASON. 2 BOW HUNTERS SMASHED MY X-BOW KNOCKED ME OFF MY CHAIR AND KICKED ME. ALL BECAUSE I WAS USING A X-BOW

Well Maybe you'll learn not to use a X-BOW then.......
Old 03-24-2006, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

Hill Billy -

Can you shot compound or recuve from a wheel chair?

I would do all I can to hunt if I ever became disabled. Cardeer, I recommed getting CCP and hosting those guys next time with a 41M up the wazzoo.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I figured he was kidding actually.