Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Elk Hunting In PA` >

Elk Hunting In PA`

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Elk Hunting In PA`

Old 02-23-2006, 03:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Elk Hunting In PA`

Elk hunting in Pa. is a money makeing racket, they give out 40 licenses, you send them $10.00 nonrefundable application fee and your chance of getting a licenses is very near 0 But the PGC needs the money so keep sending in that $10.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

doesn't seem like that much money. 10 bucks. what do you want?
Old 03-01-2006, 07:29 AM

ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1

doesn't seem like that much money. 10 bucks. what do you want?
It's quite a bit of money because it is $10.00 per applicant. Somewhere I heard approximately 20,000 people applied last year. Don't quote me on that number but it is still a money racket for the PGC.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Legacy357

colorado......its not really worth it unless you are a resident............just my opinion..........chances of getting a tag are pretty low. Then you have to know where the elk are........plus the season is like 3-4 days or something like that..........you have a much better chance of getting one in colorado then you do here
ummm...what are you talking about. Tags are over the counter and everyone and their mother can get one. I go every year. Maybe not the first draw season but the second season is guaranteed and it's deffinitely worth it !! Tons of elk and mule deer and I can do it all for $1800 from the time I leave my house until I get back 10 days later. Doesn't get much cheaper than that unless you're a resident.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bearklr

ORIGINAL: Legacy357

colorado......its not really worth it unless you are a resident............just my opinion..........chances of getting a tag are pretty low. Then you have to know where the elk are........plus the season is like 3-4 days or something like that..........you have a much better chance of getting one in colorado then you do here
ummm...what are you talking about. Tags are over the counter and everyone and their mother can get one. I go every year. Maybe not the first draw season but the second season is guaranteed and it's deffinitely worth it !! Tons of elk and mule deer and I can do it all for $1800 from the time I leave my house until I get back 10 days later. Doesn't get much cheaper than that unless you're a resident.
bearklr....I think legacy357 is talking about hunting in PA and you are talking about hunting in CO
Old 03-01-2006, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks .308 I thought he was talking about Colorado the statewhen I read his post. I now see he was just shortening a members name. My fault for the confusion and thanks for the clarification.[&:]