Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
New Hampshire rifle season >

New Hampshire rifle season

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New Hampshire rifle season

Old 10-18-2002, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default New Hampshire rifle season

When is the opening date ? If it is different areas. I will be hunting around Plymouth...
Old 10-19-2002, 06:09 AM
Spike

Default RE: New Hampshire rifle season

Hi Ron,until your post,I thought I was the only guy hunting in New Hampshire this season.If your hunting NH,rifle,the opening day is Nov13 and ends on Dec 8,the only resrticted dates are for shooting antlerless deer.I hunt just south of you,Im in area I1,you will be in either G,J2 orF,the bounbries all meet at Plymouth.The boundries are defined by the highways,whichever area you hunt,you cant shoot a doe(antlerless) deer.You can also check the regs for NH online at www.wildlife.state.nh.us,,it will give you all the info you need.Good luck this season.
Denis R
Old 10-21-2002, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just want to jump and say hello to other fellow NH Hunters. You are right nhten, there doesn't seem to be a lot of us here. I am lookin' forward to the Muzzleloader season which opens a week from Sat. To me that's absolutely the best time to be in the woods. I will be hunting in units J2, L and M from now until the end of Archery season in Dec. RonM and nhten..I wish you both the Best this hunting season.....Jimmy S

Old 10-22-2002, 02:09 PM
Spike

Wow, does your post bring back memories! I used to hunt the Plymouth area back in the 60's and early 70's. We used to vacation there every year too since I was a little kid. We stayed at a farm at the entrance to Loon lake. The road the house was on went to a covered bridge not too far away. Man, I had some great times there and got a lot of deer around that lake. I haven't been back since I went in the Air Force in '73. I'm betting it's changed a lot since then. Good luck to you guys hunting in NH. I always loved that state.

Old 10-23-2002, 06:26 AM

That does bring back memories, PSC Alumnist. There are some big bodied deer up in that neck of the woods. RonM I wish you luck. all the HOT spots I used to hunt are all develpoed now(and I graduted in 95). Also, is the hunting really as good as I hear it is in DE? Some of my famliy members just built a house in DE and have invited me down to hunt around Christmast time.
Now to my fellow NH hunters, Hello. I too am getting excited about the upcoming Muzzleloading season. Are any of you having problems seeing deer? From the opening week of Bow season up until about 2 weeks ago I was going crazy with the amount of deer I was seeing(upto 7 at a time...in broad daylight)each day. JimmyS sounds to me like you hunt where I live? Are you also a bowhunter? Are you still seeing deer?

Old 10-24-2002, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ONESHOT...Yes, I also hunt with my bow. I have only been out a few times since the bow season opened and not in the last few weeks, and I have not seen a deer yet. I hunted with a buddy a few weeks back and he got a nice (115 dressed) doe with a bow. Also, I do hunt near where you live. I spend time in the Northwood, Deerfield, and Strafford (sp) as well as my home town in Windham. Some nice places near you. I hope to get out Sun for the last weekend of bow before Muzzleloader starts...To me, that's the best time to be in the deer woods...Good Luck and hunt safe!....Jimmy

Old 10-24-2002, 08:59 PM

Could any of you NH hunters tell me where Conner(Connor?) Farm is in Exeter?
Old 10-29-2002, 12:26 AM
Spike

Hi Jimmy. I've seen as many as 8 deer under my tree stand this year, all does with twins. The deer are heavy into the acorns now and just starting to scrape in area h. It should be a good year.
Good luck.