Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Bummed about weather in NY >

Bummed about weather in NY

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Bummed about weather in NY

Old 10-18-2002, 08:58 AM
Spike

Default Bummed about weather in NY

Man, I am so pumped about going bow hunting for the first time this year in Steuben County, NY. I live in Rochester, NY and listened to the weather report for tonight and this weekend and it doesn't look good. Late tonight and all day tomorrow (Sat) we're supposed to get showers and a lot of wind. Gusts up to 45 miles per hour!!!
I know any day is a good day to be out hunting, but honestly guys, do you think it's worth my time going out in winds that high? Based on my previous 35 yrs experience, days like that I hardly ever see anything but I'm still itching to go. Would any of you venture out on a day like that?

Old 10-18-2002, 11:17 AM

Default RE: Bummed about weather in NY

Well, I'm going up to the Keesville-Willsboro-Lewis area in the NZ, and if the weather is going to be that bad, it probably will be later on in the day up by Champlain, which is only 7 miles down the road.

But, ya know what? The deer should be moving quite nicely before that hits. Which means I should be getting my fourth point of contact (military parachuting--if you've got your Airborne wings, you what that is) out of my apartment, and up to camp . . . NOW!!!

(On the waaaaay . . . )

Old 10-18-2002, 12:19 PM
Typical Buck

I HATE hunting in strong winds but if it's your only day to get out then go for it. Deer will probably be moving right before/after this front moves through so you got to be there to get them.

Good luck.

Looking at the world from 15 feet up.
Old 10-19-2002, 06:44 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-19-2002, 11:49 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-19-2002, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't enjoy foul weather days as much, but if I'm down to camp I'm out regardless. Tuesday I was in my tree, being blown back & forth. Wednesday I got soaked to my underwear, but did manage to see couple doe. Thursday I couldn't get out, and of course it was the nicest day. Friday eve was decent night watch also. Then again today I got soaked beyond my underwear, totally drenched. I did see 2 fawns, and a doe. I look at it this way when I don't want to roll out of bed to face the eliminates. Your not going to tag anything in bed, well at least not a deer!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2002, 10:30 AM
Spike

THE WEATHER WAS BAD THIS WEEEKEND, BUT THE DEER WERE MOVING. SAW TWO DOE BOTH DAYS, AND THAT IS GOOD FOR OUR AREA EAST OF INDIAN LAKE. WILL THE BEECHES EVER TURN BROWN AND FALL OFF?