Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 new jersey (monmouth couny parks)- thompson park? >

new jersey (monmouth couny parks)- thompson park?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

new jersey (monmouth couny parks)- thompson park?

Old 01-14-2006, 05:30 AM

Default RE: new jersey (monmouth couny parks)- thompson park?

NJbowman- "to much of a good thing", unlimited hunters on limited acres leads to a mess. Hunters on top of hunters= pressure= deer leaving parks= no deer being killed= useless hunt. Its getting ugly in the parks around here. tresspassing, tearing up farmers crops with pickups,fighting(verbal), threats of a$$ beatings, people getting hit with buckshot, its not pretty. Tbow said last year when it opened, it could turn into " too much of a good thing." Sounds like it did. I don't mean to be rude, so don't take this the wrong way. The UBNJ pushed hard for this park hunt, now what advice will you offer for them to get it back under control.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BigWay

NJbowman- "to much of a good thing", unlimited hunters on limited acres leads to a mess. Hunters on top of hunters= pressure= deer leaving parks= no deer being killed= useless hunt. Its getting ugly in the parks around here. tresspassing, tearing up farmers crops with pickups,fighting(verbal), threats of a$$ beatings, people getting hit with buckshot, its not pretty. Tbow said last year when it opened, it could turn into " too much of a good thing." Sounds like it did. I don't mean to be rude, so don't take this the wrong way. The UBNJ pushed hard for this park hunt, now what advice will you offer for them to get it back under control.
Hunters makeing hunters look bad, when will we ever learn[&:].
Old 01-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-15-2006, 06:24 AM

NJbowman- I've talked with the park system "higher ups" many times. I've told them they at LEAST need to run it like your princeton hunt. They told me it wouldn't work. Instead of it being a quality hunt for some, it is a miserable experience for all. They need to wake up and take advice from people who have experience with this type of thing. Its obvious to me and apparently others, they don't have a clue. I'd love to know what kind "spin" their putting on the fact their own employees are playing games(moving signs for their own benefit). The whole thing is going to blow up in their face.By the way-who has the authority to stop the hunt?
Old 01-15-2006, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

the solution is so easy its stupid. no i dont think we need to get theUBHNJ involved at all. how dare they recommend costly permits. arent we all sick of permits for every little sneeze? [:@] currently if most dont know all you need to do is register at thompson park with your license and HUNTERS EDUCATION CARD to be able to get an envelope packed with maps and regulations for each park. THIS IS FREE! the solution is to limit the hunter daily access. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. you can have a sign in system and limit each park to a capacity the park can live with. i dont know maybe 1 man for so many acres of park. lets say tou turn it into a permit system with limited yearly permits. it then turns it into paying for the privilage to hunt a park you already own and pay for. imagine requiring a permit to be able to walk a dog in a park or to pay for a permit to hike a trail. tatum park is bow only so you wont see any buck shot flying. it is doe-s only and im kinda surprised and happy there are hunters willing to take out the does.LETS KEEP THE SYSTEM SIMPLE! on second thought let me get my check book and start writing out that check for a county park permit. CHING CHING$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$[:'(]
Old 01-15-2006, 08:17 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-22-2006, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

YOU JUST KEEP ON PAYING! THEN[8D] youve got to be kidding me that the parks are running out of money due to overtime pay out. there aint no grass to be cut this time of the year. if you give me a map and tell me the boundaries and i dont stick to it shame on me and give me a ticket then. deer hunting these parks will probably be an on going thing so mark the areas with metal signs. the ones the fish and game uses have been on trees since 78.if you limit the hours of use like mornings till noon and during the week only you then have the park employees already there but im pretty sure they have weekend workers too. during the week type hunts will limit the number of hunter vs. the public confrontations. im no rocket scientist but in the couple of seconds it took me to come up with the solution( and im sure my ideas could be refined)we could have a good plan in place. dont take me wrong i think the united bow hunters do good things but it just comes across like BRAG- BRAG -BRAG- HEY LOOK WHAT WE DID! and we take the credit for THIS -THAT and EVERYTHING. im just worried if you guys get involved i will have to join(AND PAY$$$$$) your organization to be able to sign in and hunt a county park just like what you did to that federal aviation property. i think joe average hunter as myself can be just as vocal and come up with great simple solutions.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-22-2006, 03:40 PM

NJbowman- Are any of the park deer population "objectives" being met? That was the whole point, right. The reason I ask, is that at the first meeting 2 years ago at the Charleston springs golf course I posed this question- How many deer do you have in "x" park and how many do you want to have? No answer! After the meeting a "higher up" takes me aside andsaid to me and I quote. "We don't know how many deer are in "x" park. We don't want to make this a numbers game, because people can twist and turn numbers around anyway they want for their benefit." Needless to say I was shocked. How the hell can you have a hunt to reduce the population and not even know what you have to start with.

Quick Reply: new jersey (monmouth couny parks)- thompson park?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.