Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Stick Season Grouse >

Stick Season Grouse

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Stick Season Grouse

Old 01-09-2006, 07:28 PM

Default Stick Season Grouse

Hasanybody beenhunting grouse so farthis winter (or stick season according to a great book I read this past summer)? I’m looking for flush numbers, and places if anyoneis in need ofa hunting partner , specifically in the capital region (Albany/Saratoga).
Old 01-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Stick Season Grouse

im not in your area, but i have a 6 month old pointer and ive been taking him out just to mess around.. well its been tough w/ the snow and everything so we havent flushed any together.. but i was on a walk last weekend w/o him and i flushed 3.. just wish my pup was w/ me
Old 04-10-2006, 01:02 PM

I have never been Grouse hunting but live in the capital district and would love to try it out shoot me an email when your ready.

I have a hunting partner I bring along w/ me who would also love to go, her name is Mag "the four legged one in the pic below". If she goes you dont need a stick or a gun or anything.... well this past year anyways as it was her first out and she was so damn eager to "find the birdies" she forgot all about the whole "whoa" or "staying on point for more then 1 minute" thing.... Let me know when your ready!!

Old 07-25-2006, 08:03 AM

You don't need a stick or a gun becasue she breaks point, jumps up and pulls the bird out of the air (cough, quail hunting last fall with you and her, cough)