Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Parasite Glenspending to suspend MD gun hunting! >

Parasite Glenspending to suspend MD gun hunting!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Parasite Glenspending to suspend MD gun hunting!

Old 10-15-2002, 05:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Parasite Glenspending to suspend MD gun hunting!

Tomorrow, he is expected to issue an executive order suspending gun hunting in four counties of Maryland (Prince George's, Montgomery, Anne Arundel, and I don't know the fourth), saying that he doesn't want police investigating shootings that are those of hunters while searching for the sniper.

Can you believe this? It's just a backhanded way of going after hunters, and has nothing to do with hindering the investigation!
Old 10-15-2002, 06:47 PM

Default RE: Parasite Glenspending to suspend MD gun hunting!

i think that it is the best thing to do. archery is still open?? u can hunt...with a bow. hey look, this guy down there is nuts. it only takes one to ruin it for all of us. it will end.
Old 10-15-2002, 10:10 PM
Fork Horn

I will be glad to see parisite gone the fourth co. is howard gonna really screw up the 3 day early front stuffer season for me i do most of my hunting in AA.co./HOW.co.and mont.co.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:14 AM
Typical Buck

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
i think that it is the best thing to do. archery is still open?? u can hunt...with a bow. hey look, this guy down there is nuts. it only takes one to ruin it for all of us. it will end.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Man look at what you are saying! You've put this killer in a class with us hunter... Are you saying that he's one of us? I'm not shooting people...Why punish me? This cat is popping people in the cities for goodness sakes..Gunfire is not permitted there anyhow..

Let's suppose it goes nationwide lemond...Are you and everybody else ready to give up your gun hunting? There is also a proposal to fingerprint all new weapons that the anti's and gun control trolls are desperately trying to push and are using this sniping spree as a bulldozer....You ready to do all that?

Gheesh, they didn't ban white vans from driving around now did they? That's supposedly the vehicle being used...and they have all of those registered! I counted 17 white vans on my route home yesterday..two pulled over by police. All workers, construction guys, appliance repairmen, cable linesmen..Should we group this sniper in with those blue collar folks just because they drive a white van?

This gov's logic is totally whacked!

~Will Hunt For Food~
Old 10-16-2002, 07:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good points cyclone and well spoken. He's setting the stage for that skirt Townsend Kennedy.

Rick
Old 10-16-2002, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

If hunting is allowed, more activity will be reported to the police. This can NOT help in the investigation, only increase any additional confusion. The bottom line is to catch this killer ASAP and whatever it takes to do I am for. I am also a hunter and have been longer than most people on this board have been alive. Don't give me this bleeding heart, poor-me attitude, because you can't take your precious muzzleloader into the deer woods. Hopefully he/she/they will be caught soon and if not allowing hunters in the woods in selected counties can speed up this process, how can anyone disagree with it?

Old 10-16-2002, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

And if we make all owners of white vans stop driving only the killer will be using one. Great logic! To paraphrase one of our founding fathers: &quot;People who are willing to sacrifice their freedom for their security deserve neither&quot;.

Old 10-16-2002, 01:55 PM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MD Constitution Article II (re Executive Orders)
SEC. 24. The Governor may make changes in the organization of the Executive Branch of the State Government, including the establishment or abolition of departments, offices, agencies, and instrumentalities, and the reallocation or reassignment of functions, powers, and duties among the departments, offices, agencies, and instrumentalities of the Executive Branch. Where these changes are inconsistent with existing law, or create new governmental programs they shall be set forth in executive orders in statutory form which shall be submitted to the General Assembly within the first ten days of a regular session. An executive order that has been submitted shall become effective and have the force of law on the date designated in the Order unless specifically disapproved, within fifty days after submission, by a resolution of disapproval concurred in by a majority vote of all members of either House of the General Assembly. No executive order reorganizing the Executive Branch shall abolish any office established by this Constitution or shall change the powers and duties delegated to particular officers or departments by this Constitution (added by Chapter 790, Acts of 1969, ratified Nov. 3, 1970).

The Attorney General has concluded that authorized executive orders are the equivalent of statutes and have the force of law.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That being said, the DNR is a Cabinet position under the Executive Branch so as much as we dislike it, until it can be changed by Legislation, it is what it is; the law.

Hunting is not a “right” in MD, so this is akin to closing some public lands because they don’t have the manpower to keep them open during hunting season. Which has been attempted.

This order does not affect 2nd Amendment issues, even if someone uses a weapon to defend themselves, because that would not be considered a “recreational” purpose.

We, as citizens, are at a disadvantage in knowing what is and is not being done by law enforcement agencies directly involved during this killing spree so like everyone else we can only guess what the plan is.

We, as hunters, are at a disadvantage because the antis would have a field-day with us if we complain about this inconvenience. They would paint us as cold hearted and blood thirsty.

We, as gun-owners, are screwed either way because the gun control maniacs have already used this tragedy to promote their agenda. However, some pro-gun groups are taking them on on that front. We need to stand ready to support these pro-gun groups in bringing the hysteria down and truth out.

I guess what I am really saying is, right now cool heads need to prevail. That doesn’t mean we have to like it but we must deal with it. After all some of those victims could have been hunters and their seasons are forever over.
Old 10-16-2002, 05:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

MHA...well spoken.

Rick
Old 10-17-2002, 02:08 PM
Typical Buck

I bet Maryland and Virginia citizens don't have the right to Concealed Carry. I'm not saying that the private citizen should be taking law into thier own hands , but I find it interesting that it was reported one witness recognized the weapon as an AK 74. If this person had firearm knowledge and was an owner odds are he would have been a C.C. holder.
I would venture to say in states with C.C. this piece of $h!t might not be attempting this or have got away with doing his last victim.

Quick Reply: Parasite Glenspending to suspend MD gun hunting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.