Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 People need to hunt coyotes! >

People need to hunt coyotes!

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

People need to hunt coyotes!

Old 12-29-2005, 06:46 PM

Default RE: People need to hunt coyotes!

ok guys, thats what you need to do. Get out and hunt those coyote! plus it gives you a reason to stay in the woods instead off being a couch potato!!!! HEY DAVIDMOR: take a look at the new .204 rifles, fun round and it is deadly on coyotes and will range way out with the rest of them. it is a little quiter then the .223 burns less powder than the 22/250 and shoots flatter and more accurate than both of them. and if you wanna keep some hides then the round rarely exits. look up the ballistics and you will see, if you need info then I will post some, I just posted some on primos cabin chat because there were some guys saying that nothin beats the .223... .223 is a great round but we can't ignore the new round in town... GOOD LUCK boys, I will not hold my breath for pics because I agree they are wicked hard to hunt but if ya get em show them off!!!!
Old 12-29-2005, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

every yote i have seen was close.shotgun is way to go. i think pa. now lets you use big shot on them.dogs is way to get them.ones with dogs drive the roads until they find tracks, then they start hunting. many use a GPS in areas they dont know. i have not seen many tracks this year but i know why. yotes are after turkeys here in 2g as we had a good flocks this year.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:31 PM

ORIGINAL: browning.204

ok guys, thats what you need to do. Get out and hunt those coyote! plus it gives you a reason to stay in the woods instead off being a couch potato!!!! HEY DAVIDMOR: take a look at the new .204 rifles, fun round and it is deadly on coyotes and will range way out with the rest of them. it is a little quiter then the .223 burns less powder than the 22/250 and shoots flatter and more accurate than both of them. and if you wanna keep some hides then the round rarely exits. look up the ballistics and you will see, if you need info then I will post some, I just posted some on primos cabin chat because there were some guys saying that nothin beats the .223... .223 is a great round but we can't ignore the new round in town... GOOD LUCK boys, I will not hold my breath for pics because I agree they are wicked hard to hunt but if ya get em show them off!!!!
Okay, here you go... Oh and by the way I will check out the .204

Old 12-29-2005, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

I'm getting into yote hunting this winter. not only for the sport but to help the herd also. they say yotes do a good deal of damage on fawns in the spring.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:09 PM

JIMMY: yes they wipe out a herd of fawn like nothin and they make the adults spookie to which leads to jumpy dear and no small game!!!!! take em out!!!! DAVIDMOR: nice yote i saw that pic of yours before, look at the .204 but remember ammo is a tad expensive but it will come down and unless your shooting prairie dogs then it shouldnt be to bad. I think i paid like 13.50 a box for hornady v-max. if you roll your own it will be cheaper. but if you want a hot new round then it is worth the little extra money at first... if you were in NH then i would let you shoot my a-bolt but you are not......
Old 12-29-2005, 09:48 PM

I saw in Predator Magazine, i think it was that, one company is now coming out with a 12ga load designed for coyote hunting. Larger than 2 shot but smaller than 00 buck and patterns well to like 50 yards or more.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:28 AM
Typical Buck

I think I am goin to try and shoot some coyote. I have only seen a couple of their tracks in my area, but I will give it a try. I think I will use my remington 597 .22 cal and headshot the bastards.
Anyone know of a good bait and call combo to bring em in?

Jim