Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Mountain Lions Are Absolutely in PA (photo Added) >

Mountain Lions Are Absolutely in PA (photo Added)

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mountain Lions Are Absolutely in PA (photo Added)

Old 12-23-2005, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mountain Lions Are Absolutely in PA

I think a lot of people who claim to see them have actually seen a bobcat. The ones in PA have the same kind of coat as a mountain lion, but their tail is only 6 inches long. I had a trail camera picture of a bobcat and a lot of people swore up and down after looking at the picture that it was a mountian lion
Old 12-24-2005, 04:01 AM

Everyone knows that Mt. lions are in Pa. They were released by state farm insurance co.The really funny part here is someone is reading this and saying, thats true,state farm did do that.....
Old 12-24-2005, 04:19 PM
Host of Hosts

Everyone knows that Mt. lions are in Pa. They were released by state farm insurance co.The really funny part here is someone is reading this and saying, thats true,state farm did do that.....
I guess the joke is on you! It was Allstate who did it! Who's laughing at who now?[&:]

No!, but really there you guys go making fun of people again.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

No!, but really there you guys go making fun of people again.
Sorry, butthose who generate thesekind of threads are just beggingto be made fun of. Ifthey don't want or can't handle the ridicule then they aught not make suchwild unverifiable claims. I'll stop laughing when the PGC, or Penn State, or some other entity of equal stature says there are wild mountain lions in P.A. Until then, as far as I'm concerned this strange phenomenon of people convincing themselves that they are here and creating, believing in, and propagating such unsubstantiated stories and conspiracy theories is just funny to me and appently to a lot of other people.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Guess he couldn't get the picture scanned.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

hello,rest assured they are here.in what numbers i do not know.these cameras today should help get a picture of one. i saw one about 15 years ago here in pottersdale, pa.it was young one.i called PGC and they were not interested.they said i identified a young mountain lion to a tee.i asked if they would come outand make tracks of it and they said, GROUND IS TOO HARD. i will say this, when you see one ,it will be something that you have never seen before.long tail about 2 ft, small head with go tee and big shoulders.i was so close that i scared it and it gave out a screach sound.when they run they dont run ANYTHING like a bobcat.i told the PGC it almost looked like 1 of those lightorange monkeys you see run in africa.no way when a mountain lion runs that it looks like a bobcat.i am in woods all time and have seen over 20 bobcats in 40 years and none ever look like a mountain lion. i also had witness with me who is in woods all time too,so,there you have it.now, i carry a camcorder all time while walking in woods ,if i am not hunting.i got some good shots of a black coyote already,take care.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:23 PM

i don't really know if there are or are not any in pa. but last feburary i was back in a couple of miles hunting yotes and i cut a track that i have never seen before. and i am no puppy anymore. but anyway the tracks in the snow were almost round and they weremaybe 5 inches across. about the size of a softball.the thing that caught my eyes was that they were spaced out somewhere around 30 or 35 inches apart in a straight line for as far as i could see in both directions. the tracks were from that morning and it was snowing so i could not see any pad marks. i don't know what they were but it sure made me look over my shoulder alot that day.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know one thing for sure after reading pages and pages of "There be Mountain Lions in PA" - Nobody but Nobody in all their armchair internet expertice has proven there are NOT Mountain Lions in PA or did not exist in the recent past(not a century ago)or could not migrate here. Any yo-yo can sit and type a tune,cut and paste,quote from some syber web site claiming Its Impossible! But there is no proof they are not or could not be in PA, Be It Pet,Captive,Wild.How the hell long does a Pet Lion have to survive in the wild before its considered wild? When does a stocked trout,
bass,turkey,pheasant or Eagle become "Wild".Somebody google that one.

I'm not going to call anybody a bold faced liar that claims they've seen one in PA.Those who see don't have to squeel like a stuck pig for the tale to be true.

Some are afraid to speak.You can bet the PGC folks are in NO hurry to admit they exist now or ever for fear of a public panic in the Burbs.They will IMO dance around the Lion issue and pray nobody ever brings in a legit pic,video or carcuss.Then the ***T gonna hit the fan!
Old 12-26-2005, 05:14 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: AJ52

Some are afraid to speak.You can bet the PGC folks are in NO hurry to admit they exist now or ever for fear of a public panic in the Burbs.They will IMO dance around the Lion issue and pray nobody ever brings in a legit pic,video or carcuss.Then the ***T gonna hit the fan!

Well said AJ!
Old 12-26-2005, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

they dont want to know.i was shocked that the PGC would not meet with me at pottersdale ,pa.to take prints. rest assured, when you see one, you will be SHOCKED.its nothing you have ever seen in woods before.i said when i saw it to my friendwho was with me.WHAT THE H WAS THAT. i can remember that to this day. take care

Quick Reply: Mountain Lions Are Absolutely in PA (photo Added)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.