Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 If Mtn. Lions did exist in your state... Would you want them? >

If Mtn. Lions did exist in your state... Would you want them?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

If Mtn. Lions did exist in your state... Would you want them?

Old 12-23-2005, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If Mtn. Lions did exist in your state... Would you want them?

ORIGINAL: Wild Outdoorsman

Well Rebel hog, I do envy you. You have the time to post on an average of 29.49 posts per day. Get a life!
not to get off subject here, but Wild Outdoorsman, most of us regulars on here do not appreciate people coming on here and bashing fellow HNI'ers. Especially someone who is as good of a person as Rebel. Please take your stupid comments and rediculous copyright b/s and go somewhere else. Alot of our members are retired, widowed, handicapped etc, and should not be made fun of just because they come on here more frequently than others to chat with friends.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:39 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Wild Outdoorsman

Well Rebel hog, I do envy you. You have the time to post on an average of 29.49 posts per day. Get a life!

I do have a life and probabally better than yours! I put my time in and paid my dues, now it's your time to do the same!There you go showing envy again!You know what, May you and yours have a pleasant Christmas and a prosperous New Year!

Old 12-24-2005, 01:16 AM

To all Have a Happy Holiday! Rebel just getting your goat. Mossy calm down. I have been on this site pretty much since it started, I had my house broken into and computer stolen and when I tired to get back on this site, it would not let me so I had to re-enlist. As for the retired, elderly and handicapped I mean no harm.

But, on a different note the copyright laws are a consern to me. What if some one took your hard work and used it with out consent or credit. Just because you can walk out of the store with something doesn't mean it's OK.

Old 12-24-2005, 03:50 AM

Just in case anyone wants some real facts about copyright law, here is the US Library of Congress site. You can find out what is factual about copyright, what rights it conveys, and what it does not do.
http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html

The second site deals with copyright law in the USA:
http://www.rbs2.com/copyr.htm#anchor111111

In short, a work is copyrighted if you say it is, but sometimes that isn't enough. Actually, if you create something and fix it into some tangible medium, it is copyrighted according to law. Basically, when I put a story or a photo into my computer's hard drive, it is copyrighted if it is my original work. If it is registered with the US Copyright Office, Library of Congress, and you say it is copyrighted, that is probably enough to win a court case. Just a statement such as, Copyright 2005, Raphael Kanoritz--------, is more than sufficient under the law, but sometimes it is hard to prove. This is why most of my work is registered as above.

So, not to stir the pot, RH, but you might be wrong in this one. I can tell you this much. If you copy one of my stories without permission, you will be in a heap of trouble. The law provides even that you might even have to pay my legal fees (a court may require the infringer to pay all of the attorney's fees of the author. 17USC§§412,505.).
Old 12-24-2005, 08:43 AM
Dominant Buck

patrky, there are pictures on the net that do not give you the option of cutting and pasting nor saving to your pictures, which I take as being protected.
There are companies who take some of these postsfrom us and list them on thier advertisement. It has happened to me many times. If someone does not want thier material copied, there is a way of doing that as I explained above. You guys are complaining about this, but there are many ,many on here that do it.

Old 12-26-2005, 11:25 PM

Just for what its worth...ALL photography is the property of the photographer...period. Everytime you see someone lift it, its still wrong to. The only exception is when the photographs are sold to or given permission to be filed to a site that allows it, I cant think of one right now. Orbis, maybe? Just because some dont have the block on them doesnt mean its ok. Lots of people do it unknowingly, but again, its still wrong. In fact, in many instances its illegal and can be pursued. Not starting trouble guys, just letting you know.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

No "if" here -they exist-I dont mind them.

I mind much more the federaly protectedwelfare wolfs& influx of liberals.

But we have plenty of"them" to share- maybe you could to come get some- takethem home, make it like it was 300 yrs ago ?- take some grizzly bears & a few wolf packs with you when you go to. Take some people to- we maybe still the lowest populated state but its getting pretty crowded here.

We be northeast of kaliforniaca[&:]
Old 12-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

it would be cool to have them but i would get a little nervous dressing my deer in the woods. i would feel a little edgy knowing there was a 100 lb cat in the area that had the ability to stalk and crush my esophagus with a single bite.